Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this bike......While cruzing to my local chrome shop and wishing of a new bike, this gorgeous metal caught my eye....Please identify you cool kids.....I want to hang out with you fire starter????
Notice the big black moped to the right, hmmmm.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
This is a BMW R1200CLC. Several years ago, BMW forayed into cruisers, they were unique looking bikes, making it into James Bond movies and such. Nobody could walk by one without saying something. It is a big deckec out version of this cruiser you are looking at.

The bike came with everything. It came with everythinh a big Harley tourer comes with and has similar specs, too....

Which means about half the horsepower and performance Most BMW riders like to have. It was not successful; a bit odd looking for the "your bike must look like this" crowd, and not a good enough performer for the BMW crowd. They actually took a 1200 cc BMW motor and tuned it down until it had the same specs as an ultra. And that is a vast amount of tuning down.

If you wanted one, I would get the stripped down model, since you have a touring bike. They are kind of a red headed step child, so you can find one at a reasonable price. Does come with ABS and all the modern goodies. It cant get out of its own way, but not many cruisers can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,628 Posts
Mr E nailed it as usual. Honestly it looks like a Valkyrie to me, without the gobs of power on tap. If I were interested in this, I'd just buy a Valkyrie. This from a BMW owner who loves his RT.

Nothing to see here. Move it along. :biglaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts