Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here goes... another annoying ape question

Looking to put either 10 or 12in apes on my 07, not to concerned with the wiring but I will take recommendations on the height as I am 5'8" . I ride mostly around town but I do take longer trips occasionally, and I like to do these with the windshield attached. So, will regular apes work with the stock screen when they are oriented strait up and down ( I know.. tacky.. apes with a screen :shades:) or should I look for the ones that are kinda curved back at the base?

Thanks in advance for dealing with apes.....

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I think you are on the same situation as myself, except the screen. I hate screens.

I'm 5'9". I have 12" apes and I like them. I had drag bars, mini z bars, but to me apes are more comfortable, specially because on longer trips I like to sit back a bit and ride with one hand. Right now my apes are forward a bit, so I think it would not work with a screen. When I had the 10" apes, it felt more comfortable with it aligned straight with the forks, so that would have worked with the screen. I'm sure there are a few people here running 10-12" apes with screens that can give you better inputs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm also 5ft 8 and I ride with 16" apes. They are slightly forward of being directly in line with the forks. Don't use a screen at all. The only time I would need it is riding long distance into a head wind. I find them very comfortable even for a long distance. I would ditch the screen if I was you but each to their own

1 - 3 of 3 Posts