Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Great Reminder! Leaves can be deadly beautiful under the right circumstance and they can hide all types of nasty surprises. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
21,395 Posts
yes...dry leaves on top don't necessarily mean leaves underneath are also dry...like trying to stop on ice...don't ask me how I know that...bottom line...avoid if possible any pile of leaves you come upon...especially in your driveway :roll:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yes...dry leaves on top don't necessarily mean leaves underneath are also dry...like trying to stop on ice...don't ask me how I know that...bottom line...avoid if possible any pile of leaves you come upon...especially in your driveway :roll:
Lowered my bike on the driveway, once... Only once then from there on out, I raked it or hit it with the lawn mower.

·
Registered
58 Posts
GREAT ADVICE. LAWN CLIPPINGS ON THE ROAD CAN BE BAD TOO, A GUY OUT HERE HAD HIS SCOOt SLIP OUT FROM UNDER HIM CUZ OF GRASS CLIPPING
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Also remember that PINE NEEDLES are slipperier than snot on a brass doorknob!!! Was backing out the bike from a parking spot after stopping for some breakfast and damned near dumped the bike as my foot slipped on a small pile of needles. Worse than sand!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts