Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does an angry sewing machine sound like? Any samples (audio files) available? Just want to know whether my valves are properly adjusted or not. I read about this sound comparison "angry sewing machine = well adjusted valves" - but I'm not sure what exactly this sound is.

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
very rapid soft clacking w/ a slight buzz sensation to the engine.

Ever heard someone running a long stich on a sewing machine fast? Make it louder and meaner.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
rcsiki said:
How does an angry sewing machine sound like? Any samples (audio files) available? Just want to know whether my valves are properly adjusted or not. I read about this sound comparison "angry sewing machine = well adjusted valves" - but I'm not sure what exactly this sound is.

Many thanks!
The only way to know is to check them. Better safe than sorry IMHO.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
OTG said:
rcsiki said:

Many thanks!
The only way to know is to check them. Better safe than sorry IMHO.
Bingo..........When a dealer says "we listened to your bike-the valves are fine" then it's BS.......the ONLY way to know is to get in there and check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts