Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I decided to add the chrome trim around the gas tank. I'm quite happy with it. It looks much nicer than just having that ugly, metal tank lip there. Very easy to do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That really looks nice with the white and silver, i have silver and black and i'm not sure if it would like good. ANyone have any pics they could share with this trim on their silver/black?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have the silver and grey 06. It looks good. I think it finishes the tank. My cuz has the basic black and it really looks sharp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks Good. You can buy this chrome trim at your local automotive parts store. They sell it to go around car doors. A large roll of it is about 9.00 so the price is right. I also used it to trim out my fenders.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ Yep, cost me $9.99 for an 18' roll at AutoZone. I wish all the mods were that cheap!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Gas tank looks v. good; how many inches did you use, and did you start with the front or one side? Thanks-

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Looks good! You can use the same stuff around the bottom edge of your speedo housing too. I did it to help hold my tank panel in place, but I like the look so much that I would have done even without the panel.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Looking good !!!

Pete

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scout said:
Gas tank looks v. good; how many inches did you use, and did you start with the front or one side? Thanks-
I didn't check to see how much I used. I just unrolled some and held it around the tank and added a little bit more just in case and then cut it. I started on one side, where the tank goes under the seat.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
don't just stop @ the tank.....

around fenders (I realize AF1, has fender tips) - around w/s, if you have one - around edge of stock radiator cover

i think it looks good on the all black tank rim. makes it 'pop'

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kissfan said:
Looks very good !! I may do this on mine. what size did you use??
Uhhhhhhhhhh........there are different sizes????? I just grabbed the one they had. I have no idea what size it is.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
When I did my wife's bike, the white one with a windshield, I just bought chrome door trim. Pepboys didn't have different sizes of that trim.
Let us know about these different sizes, if they are big enough, could they be used to make homeboy fender tips?

Everyone, watch out for Condolini when you have these trims on your bike.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mort said:
When I did my wife's bike, the white one with a windshield, I just bought chrome door trim. Pepboys didn't have different sizes of that trim.
Let us know about these different sizes, if they are big enough, could they be used to make homeboy fender tips?

Everyone, watch out for Condolini when you have these trims on your bike.
Uh, Mort? Any specific reason why windshield is underlined????? :?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts