Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2014 c50 with just 2000 miles that looks like it just came out of the dealership at $ 7,000, I live in Italy and this model is no longer in production but I like it a lot, my question is: is it still a cutting-edge bike? safety reliability comfort or is it better? Would you list me the strengths and weaknesses?

·
Super Moderator
22,191 Posts
my opinion is its too much for a bike thats 7 years old and seems to have been sitting mostly unused...the bike itself is a good bike depending on your riding needs, think tho you could do better but not knowing what used mc's are going for in italy, I'd still shop around tho.Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
27,782 Posts
I'm with dc here. $7k just seems like a lot for a 7 year old bike.

·
Super Moderator
61,266 Posts
rear drum break
needs valve adjustments
the bike you're talking about needs tires due to age

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Suzuki C50 Boulevard is still in production...they may no longer be sold in Italy but they are still in production...2021 C50 Boulevard will be available in the USA...not much has changed on the bike since it became fuel injected in 2005...and it never was a cutting-edge in technology bike...No ABS, drum rear brake, screw and nut valves adjustments...I have 102,000+ miles (over 160,000 kms) on my 2007 C50.

·
Super Moderator
22,191 Posts
congrats on the longevity it has given you.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It is what it is. I'm sure Suzuki could do a significant refresh on it. Yes to ABS, make it 1000 cc with Vstrom HP and torque. The C50 was an ok bike for me but I should have moved up to the Old C90 when I traded the 2005 in on the 2009 C50. Clanky engines and failed timing chains on the 2005. I might be still riding the C90 if I had gone to one of those. It amazes me how some were lucky to get good durability from their Volusia or C50!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go ahead and add about $500-$600 to the cost of the bike. There is a high chance the fuel pump will go with such low miles. You can fix it with a new OEM fuel pump assembly and still need to clean the injectors. Otherwise replace just the pump, it will go fine and then run bad again because the fuel regulator dies. You can replace that with a modified Hyabusa regulator or the one out of the SV650 looks the same (I modified a Hyabusa regulator on mine) and clean the injectors. Low miles and time is murder on the fuel injection components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts