Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yep...that time of year...nov 1st... and if you live in an area where the weather determines the start and end of your riding season...its that time of year where you begin to realize "take advantage of any and every opportunity getting out for a ride is thrown your way".....

some of us diehards here... probably dropped on their heads at birth...refuse to accept the belief that riding is a 3 season luxury and will ride year round depending on road conditions if nothing more than that need to feed the riding doldrums ...heated gear does help and a little commom sense works wonders.

Some by now have put their toys to rest for the season...some begin to prep their rides for storage...and some like myself monitor the weather to see what future days present possible riding opportunities....clean/dry roads...I ride. Maybe a short ride but hey....take it and run.

Hate this time of year.... that thing I refered to above...common sense ... forces me to leave the ride home now instead of using it to commute to work...getting off at 1 a.m....no brainer.

Hope the newbies remember the fine print they agreed to when they joined this site....tending to the empty coffee pot.....keeping fingers crossed its a short winter and i don't offend too many people here with my senseless, mindless, useless, jibberish I post here trying to past the time awaiting a riding opportunity or the start of a new riding season.

so ride safe all...hope the riding season went well...mc gave you little if any problems...kept the shiny side up and made a few new riding friends.

and lets not forget the other gender...would be nice if they did something usefull here like making some cookies to go with the coffee that once again needs to be made....newbies...women...don't know which one is more...nevermind.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I only have my Sv1000S to ride at the moment. It's not really conducive to riding on cold pavement as the rear spins up at the best of times. Sliding the rear end around is part of what makes me love that bike but as I get cold my concentration decreases and since I have an aversion to crashing that storage scenario becomes attractive. I do get out a bit but even heated gear doesn't give the same seasonal extension as a cruiser and windshield combo does. Snow yesterday tells me my season may be drawing to a close.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Coffee's on. Cream and sugar?

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I will do my best to find days to ride as long as it is in the 40s F and streets are clear. i traveled too much this year to get the most out of the bike. Otherwise, the battery tender goes on for weeks at a time.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I still ride year-round on the south side of North Carolina but not as often. Typically if it is going to be above 50 I am good to go.

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heat wave here the next 2 days...hi 50's low 60's and then it drops and gets wet thursday.
last 2 days to really enjoy.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Your ripping us off this year Dennis...

Where's the big "Guess the milage" contest before you put the bike to sleep for the winter.

Where's the stale jelly beans???? (I like to re-gift them for Xmas)

Come on now......get with the program.

Reactions: kettlinton

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Question on winter riding - if I decide to buy some heated riding gear, how difficult is it to install 12 v outlet on bike to hook gear up to?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
Question on winter riding - if I decide to buy some heated riding gear, how difficult is it to install 12 v outlet on bike to hook gear up to?

Pretty simple. The heated gear will come with a "pigtail" connector. You simply attach one end to your battery and leave the other coming out from under your seat. There's usually someplace to which you can zip-tie that end for convenient access.

I've just laid out all of my gear to ride to work tomorrow. Since we just had a warning shot across the bow, in the form of an inch and a half of snow over the weekend, I'm gonna carpe that old diem. :wayhappy:

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your ripping us off this year Dennis...

Where's the big "Guess the milage" contest before you put the bike to sleep for the winter.

Where's the stale jelly beans???? (I like to re-gift them for Xmas)

Come on now......get with the program.
maybe in the next few days...

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

may also want to consider one of those kury outlets you install on your handlebars...use that to plug my heated gear into as well as my battery tender when I pull into the garage in the colder temps... and priceless when my mp3 batteries die while riding...insert the mp3 battery charger cord into the outlet...the music continues and the mp4 is charged in less than an hour. One of those..."why did I wait so long to get one of these"....

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.