Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and if it could get worse, it was an apparent hit-run. (I posted the entire story because the "AZ Repugnant" requires you to register to read stories online).

Motorcyclist killed, big-rig driver sought
Jim Walsh
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 30, 2007 10:52 AM

Police are looking for the driver of a tractor-trailer who was involved Saturday night in a collision on State Route 143 that cost a Phoenix motorcyclist his life.

The motorcyclist, Emory P. Harvey, 37, died at about 11 p.m. at a Phoenix hospital from injuries he suffered when he was thrown off his bike, according to the state Department of Public Safety.

The collision occurred shortly before 8 p.m. near the northbound off-ramp for Washington Street, said Harold Sanders, a DPS spokesman. He said it was unclear if the motorcyclist struck the truck or the truck struck the motorcyclist.

Sanders said the truck did not stop immediately, but may have stopped further up the road before continuing to head north. Witnesses reported that Harvey was traveling in and out of traffic and may have been exceeding the speed limit prior to the collision.

It was unclear to investigators if the truck driver realized that he had struck the motorcycle. Anyone with information about the truck is asked to call the DPS at (602) 223-2212.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beezer said:
You had me worried there CJ
If it was me, I wouldn't have been posting this. This is a dangerous place to ride, however. Cagers are very aggressive here. Having said that, I watched a clown on a GXSR pulling wheelies on a major street in heavy traffic yesterday. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i got stuck in that traffic saturday night..they had the sr153 closed so i had to get off on broadway/52st

1 - 6 of 6 Posts