Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VOLUSIA RIDERS

My handle is DDT, and I'm the proud owner of ALI... the Valkyrie that broke down in Calgary last summer... Terry Nickel (t-man403) is repairing it, and he plans to hand it off to me at the annual Valkyrie Gathering, to be held this year in Asheville, North Carolina, the week of June 9-13.

Terry has told me of the interest and support from your members and this board, so I would like to extend a blanket invitation to all of you who would like to participate in this 'celebration' right along with Terry and yours truly... The best riding in North America east of the Mississippi River and a delightful, scenic setting to boot... Lots of local interest tourist stuff, too, if you need any of that.

Terry has kept the Valkyrie community apprised of your support for this project, and I assure you the positive comments and strong sentiments from you is much appreciated and respected... You would be most welcome to join us... and I know I would be pleased to meet any of you and personally thank you for your kind thoughts and generous deeds.

Our group is one that does not care what a person rides... only that a person does ride. Indeed, there will be bikes there of virtually all makes and brands, and no one will care... Just come and join in on the fabulous riding and unmatched comradeship that flows from these events...

Whether or not any of you can make it, though, I'd like to thank you for all the positive waves you've sent in our direction. The whole affair has turned from one of utter disappointment and sadness for me into something extremely positive and wonderful! It's the sort of thing legends are made of, so please consider being part of this ongoing saga...

DDT

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
DDT, Thanks for the invite as I'd be there if I could.....2014 is a no go for me but rest assured, you and I will meet and ride one day soon. I'm in the process of planning a trip down South. I'm due for them biscuits and gravy, grits, and moonshine. ;-)

I miss that Southern hospitality!

:wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
My youngest daughter lives in Asheville, NC. I was just there in December (caging) to see her graduate from UNC. Would love to come visit her and you guys at the same time and ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll see if I can get off. Just spent 3 months out of work due to back surgery so don't know if any leave is left....Grrr. Wish me luck and have a great time either way. It is beautiful riding there.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've been looking forward to this announcement for a long time now. I would dearly love to be part of the ALI RALLY, but sadly, my job says no. The school where I work is out at the END of June - can't afford to take the time off at the beginning of June. So Sad. But I will be cheering you all on from here. HUGE thanks for allowing us to be part of this great adventure. Hats off to Terry, T-Man. You truly are one Terrific-Man! Thanks for making this dream come true for DDT.

·
Registered
763 Posts
chuckle! At least I had the honour of naming the Rally! Two points for me!

Now, if only you'd consulted me on the date of the Rally.....

Be sure to take LOTS of pictures!

Lois

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"InZane" is the name of the rally that is held annually by the "VRCC" at various locations each year in July.
It was moved to June due to the high temperatures down there in July as I understand it. This particular rally is the big one for the "VRCC" forum that many look forward to attending is all I know. There have been various suggestions posted as to day rides along with some video of the roads and holy smokes, there is some awesome roads and scenery to be had!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just wondering, but do you have to have money to retire? Maybe that's what I ought to do. I'm gonna break open my penny bank and see if I can afford it. I'd retire just after the Easter break (might as well get paid for the two Easter days, right?), and then I'd be available for the Ali Rally! What a great idea! Retirement = BIKE RIDING SEASON ALL YEAR ROUND (course I'd have to become one of those Canadian Snowbirds).....so who knows? Perhaps I'll get to the Ali Rally after all. Fingers and eyes crossed!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ali Rally and my retirement

Seriously?
I'm sorry. It's purely wishful thinking at this moment, altho retirement is a thought at this point. Doesn't the TV ad say "Freedom 55?" I just wondered if the only qualifications are to actually BE 55? Like, do you hafta have money? (Hee hee hee hee).

If there was any way possible, I would dearly love to come on this Ali Rally. You betcha! If you were actually going to consider my input (which I know you aren't), then I would have to say that I'll be playing piano for a wedding on July 5th. That means I'd only be available to head out on Sunday, July 6th --- that would put us nicely into HOT HOT HOT temps....so there goes any chance of me getting any pearls of wisdom into the planning! Ha!

I wish you all the best. I dearly hope someone is there with a video camera. Someone who can totally focus on getting THE right pics and videos. So Sweet! I hope all the TV stations have been alerted too! They need to be there. Have the choppers been advised of your route? They'll wanna be there too, eh? Chuckle!

Fingers still crossed!!

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry. It's purely wishful thinking at this moment, altho retirement is a thought at this point. Doesn't the TV ad say "Freedom 55?" I just wondered if the only qualifications are to actually BE 55? Like, do you hafta have money? (Hee hee hee hee).

If there was any way possible, I would dearly love to come on this Ali Rally. You betcha! If you were actually going to consider my input (which I know you aren't), then I would have to say that I'll be playing piano for a wedding on July 5th. That means I'd only be available to head out on Sunday, July 6th --- that would put us nicely into HOT HOT HOT temps....so there goes any chance of me getting any pearls of wisdom into the planning! Ha!

I wish you all the best. I dearly hope someone is there with a video camera. Someone who can totally focus on getting THE right pics and videos. So Sweet! I hope all the TV stations have been alerted too! They need to be there. Have the choppers been advised of your route? They'll wanna be there too, eh? Chuckle!

Fingers still crossed!!
I think it would be great if some from the "VR" could come along or ride along for a bit. :scoot:
I know that timing is a big deal......I had no say as to when "InZane" would take place but I'm self employed and I will make this one work due to the circumstances.
Here at home, I have been asked to install some A\C's already, before leaving on this venture as my clients have been forewarned that I will be gone for the month of June.
I find it kinda funny how others are viewing this as being a pretty big deal when I think the big deal is the ride and sites I'll get to see throughout this adventure. I think I am the fortunate one in this.
I'm sure I will meet some from this forum along the way, at least I hope I will.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Registration

For anyone that may be thinking of attending for a day or the whole event, here is the link for registering.

InZane XIV

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would love to go and meet you t-man I live jut 20 min from Asheville in Maggie Valley if I can be of any help in picking a rout please let me know. I would also love to go with on one of your rides.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts