Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 Boulevard C50 has air leaking problem in rear tire.
I found out that air leak arises from valve stem and spokes near by valve stem.
It is tubeless tire.
How can I fix this?
Thank you for any comment.
SC

·
Super Moderator
26,644 Posts
If you have a spoked rim that is tubeless, then someone sealed the spokes. Most likely the seal has failed. Take the tire to a shop and have them reseal the spokes. As for the valve stem, the shop should be able to replace the valve stem while they've got it in there. I wouldn't try to cheap out and fix that myself.

·
Registered
19,813 Posts
What makes you think the wheel is set up for tubeless? Did you or someone you know seal the spokes, or are you assuming it is tubeless because the tire says "tubeless"?

Over the years, there have been a bunch of home-made attempts to make the laced wheels of the C50 and Volusia "tubeless" It usually involves stupid amounts of silicone and duct tape, which has had varying degrees of success. But the rim, no matter how much you seal it in the middle, is not intended to hold air without a tube and the bead will not seat completely, or lock onto the ridge properly.

Do what Bob suggested, put a tube in it and be done.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
281 Posts
let some air out of the tire, push down on the valve stem, if it pushes down, you have a tube (most tires say tubeless on them now a days but the c50 requires a tube). Replace the tube as there is a leak in the tube or it has a bad valve stem. If the valve stem looks like most car tires, someone jury rigged the wheel; put a tube in it and forget it.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
So what did you end up doing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts