Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting my new jets in and found out my Brother messed with it before I got it and the mixture screw head is all mucked up.. How do I get it out and where can I get a new one.

'02 volusia broken motor on the way to recovery!

Remember THEY are all out to get ya, so be safe and dodge all the IDIOTS !!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard they don't work,, that they just cut the soft brass and makes things worse

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Check the swap meet forum. There's a guy parting out a 2004. He may cut you a deal on the entire carb.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
I have taken a driver tip (#3 flat head screwdriver tip), and with the carb out, put the head of the driver on the jet and hit it with a hammer lightly a bunch of times while holding the tip with a 5/16" or 1/4" (whichever you have) wrench. keeping pressure on the bit, keep tapping the bit and keep tapping at it till it breaks loose. The worse you can do is form a new slot to grab with a screwdriver. If the jet is tightened so tight you can't get it out it will need replacing anyways. That's when you go to drilling out the center of it to relieve the pressure on the sidewalls. A drop of penatrating oil would help in the drilling and removing of the brass. And yes, you can kill the carb if it messes up here during the drilling.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
How about giving us a picture of the stripped mixture screw head.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill get one as soon as it stops raining

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the meantime where can I order one, since I REFUSE to buy anything from my local stealership.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Sure. Bikebandit has them. However, Bikebandit also has a $9 shipping and handling charge. I've seen them on ebay. The ebay ones have a long (Relatively) flexible extension on them with a little knob. So you can adjust it without a screw driver. ebay sometimes has the oem screws as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By any chance you know the flex one I need

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
No. I took a look on ebay. None of the extension ones specifically say they are for the VL800. Plus, the prices have really gone up. Unless you intend to play with the setting a lot, changing it for summer, winter, altitude, etc. $25 to $35 is steep. Bikebadit is looking better all the time.

With my rejet, I set it and never touched it again. If that's your plan, I'd just do Bikebandit.

You may be able to call these guys. They showed a $5 cost but didn't show the shipping and handling fee.
Carter AFB Idle Mixture Screws

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.