Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the factory preset on the air fuel mixture screw is? As well as the idle screw? I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my bike. I'm starting with the carb adjustments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Working on mine today. Never adjusted it. Mine was about 2/3 turn off bottomed out. My bike is definitely running lean so I’m trying to richen it up a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had been going through hell trying to get the wife's trike to run right. First, I discovered I needed to adjust the valves. Then I put in a new carb kit and returned everything back (Jets etc.) to stock along with replacing gutted mufflers for stock baffled ones. (it suffered a previous owner baffle ecktomy and jumbo jets). Then I replaced the fuel lines and vacuum lines and finally, set my air screw to a hair over 1 and 3/4 turns out and now, it's running like a scalded cat with good looking plug readings.

I forgot to add, First time around, I missed one vacuum line (tiny crack) and finding that one and replacing it made all the difference in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts