Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Depends on; how many miles do you drive, do you drive dirt roads, is it dusty where you live, bla, bla, bla...
Here in Phx, I change once a year, probably could go two years...

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
The stated service interval is to remove and inspect every 3500 miles and replace after every 12,000 miles. Blowing the element out with compressed air will help extend that service life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a 2009 C50 and i opted for the K&N filter replacement...it is just like the stock filter but it can be cleaned and used for the life of the bike...i clean the K&N with WD40 and blow it out with air pressure...the cost for the K&N was the same as the OME paper filter...hope this info helps

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
The K&N is the worst possible thing you can put on your bike. It does a miserable job of its intended function - namely filtering the incoming air. What dust and debris it lets pass through the media is coated in the sticky oil which will coat the inside of your intake manifold like tar in a smoker's lungs. Whatever small power increase you may see from the reduced restriction, you sacrifice in your bike's longevity. Especially living in Texas, where you have dust to beat the band. Go back to OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts