Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a K&N air filter. I'm thinking of switching to a uni-filter on the throttle body and eliminating the football. I have cleaned out stock pipes and a PC III. Will I need to re-map when I do this? Will it change anything performance wise? Any info would help. Also is there a pattern available to fab the uni?

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
I'm not certain I would do a Uni with the fuel injected bike and I have heard it both ways; both persons who have had to make adjustments and persons who haven't.

My concern with doing a Uni is the air temp being sucked in. I have used Unis on dirt bikes and they were cool but if you've ever noticed, high performance cars keep their intakes shielded from the engine so colder air is sucked in. With EFI this could lead to slight changes in your mapping needs. You'll simply need to do it and then see what's necessary.

If you're doing it for cosmetics, I prefer the K&N with the standard air intake because of the ease of use and I have been very successful adding horsepower to the bike without modifying it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What have you done to add horsepower? That's my main interest. I plan on adding pipes hopefully soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts