Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @beezer. I have read quite a few of those posts. What I could not find, as I stated earlier, is mention of SU-8009. From what I can tell most of the posts are old and very few for the FI models. This filter is for 2009+ C50. I see the older model SU-8001 for 2008- mentioned. Who has experience with K&N filter in a 2009+ C50?

·
Registered
19,813 Posts
The air filter was the same from 2001 to 2008. In 2009, Suzuki changed the shape, so it is now a different filter element.

Just putting a K&N in the air box will do nothing for you. The ECM cannot compensate for any air volume or velocity changes, so you will not make any more HP. If you feel the need for more power, then you need to do a new intake, pipes and a fuel processor, but you will gain at most,4hp.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
Listen to Skrap. He knows ;)

·
Registered
19,813 Posts
So with a K&N and aftermarket pipes, you WILL need to add a fuel processor. Not maybe, YES.... The service interval for the OEM filter is 12,000 miles. You aren't saving any money going with a K&N.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
None. It's not worth it to invest a bunch of money for 4 herspers ;)

·
Registered
19,813 Posts
None. Keep it stock and enjoy it. If you need more power, get a bigger bike.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
Great advice. That's what I did John.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I bought the filter, received it, looked at it and noted that I could see through it and some of the wire mesh 'squares' were really large - needless to say I returned it. You guys are right - it would let through a substantial amount of debris.

·
Registered
19,813 Posts
We're not just being a bunch of know it all jerks. What new owners are trying to do, we already did. In some cases we prototyped the first version. The bike is great stock and it should be left that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts