Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting rid of the football air cleaner and stepping up to something better. Which performance air cleaners should I go for and are any of them priced so I can still eat out every now and then?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I put the K&N filter in the stock airbox for about $35 and then got the carb jet kit from motorcyclecarbs.com for $20. Performance is better, and I didn't break the bank. Uni-filters are your best option if you want to get rid of the football cheaply, but you will still need to rejet or remap (if FI).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would also like to remove the Alien head (football) from my 02 without losing performance. I have read posts suggesting the use of uni-filters. Where can I purchase them and how do you install it? Any info would be appreciated! :roll:

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
Frankie, it's not cheap, but the Thunder Mfg air kits are phenominal looking and offer the best performance upgrade you can do for the C-50. You will need to remap, and of course a dyno run with a custom map will give you the absolute best performance possible. But no, you may want to have mac & cheese for a month or so to justify it. I have pics of the Thunder Air Teardrop in my gallery, and will be getting the bike back today from the dyno and custom map!

Wade

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm partial to the Thunder Air Kits. Not only do you get the performance increase, but you also get a bunch of options for different looks.

Wild Man

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
After much research I went with the Thunder Hurricane air filter. I comes with a rejet kit. It has increased my performance and I have gotten a lot of great comments about it. You can see it in my gallery.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Thunder Mfg. air intake kit for C50

I recently ordered the Thunder Mfg. "Vertical" teardrop air intake kit, adapter (on back order for about a week) and "chrome swoosh" emblem. I really like the way it looks on "Danr" bike on www.suzuki-bikes.com and he says it performs excellently.

HK 2.5" Stripper Straights also en route via Oneida Suzuki...Good times! :twisted:

Daryl

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
UNI filters, and jets that are required come from Robert at motorcyclecarbs.com. Maybe someone can get the phone number for you. There is also a small breather filter, hose clamps and plastic T's you must get and that comes from AutoZone. And while you're at it, go to moccs and remove the P.A.I.R. too. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts