Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
That's pretty darned slick.

Lesse here.....oct 2 - Dec 7.....two months?...I think. Still no issues to report, still holding, no changes in air pressure, no leaks.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Oct/01/13 - Mar, 28 Still holdin, still no leaks. (60psi and shortened stock springs).

On the seals (they were mentioned as being lip type and not appropriate), They are indeed lip type....as are the seals in hydraulic and a good many high pressure pneumatic cylinders..no real issues expected and none encountered thus far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
we all did this in the 70's with our dirt bikes. springs out air in. as I remember we only run 10ish psi. we had a little more travel but the air softened the little bumps but helped the fork rebound faster than spring. seemed to work for us then. It is all about the ride in our later years. B safe and have fun.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Update: Oct. 01, 2013 - July 6, 2015

Still liking how the bike rides, still no leaks.

EDIT:
Never did get around to upgrading those darned clips....oh well, apparently as they haven't failed they are strong enough.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. A lot of these threads you never know how things worked out. Glad you are still enjoying the ride with the Mod you did.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have all the parts. Going to try this at the first weekend of free time.
Thanks for update.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well, how did it go?
sorry for the late upate, ... my father had a heart attack and I had to set asside any mod work. I'll be looking to do this during my Christmas vacation and will post an update then.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts