Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Dean had a rear tire go flat after hitting a sharp rock near construction...(lawsuit?) .... and will be getting it changed in Asheville tomorrow, luckily. We will truck , car and trailer him over in the AM and lend our support. Actually he'll truck and trailer himself and the bike....we will just lend immoral support.
sucks but at least it didn't cause him to lose control...still sucks. Hope that was the worst thing that happened to anyone. Thanx for the pics...nice shots...hope everyone gets home safe.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
My special thanks to all who attended and all the help I got with ride choices. Totally worked for me. Got to see my daughter and visit new places to eat and relax as well as a few new curvy roads to wear out my old arms on that C90 with Patsy on back. The hotel was in the right spot and were very accommodating to us. Cold in the AM and HOT in the PM. A rare sprinkle. Life is good.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Made it home Friday at noonish, got wet on Thursday, froze on Friday morning, 47 degrees at 7AM.

Thanks to Alabama contingent for planning the event and all the rides.
Was great to see the family again, even the ones on the "wrong side".

·
Super Moderator
4,282 Posts
Awesome pics...Thanks for sharing your miles of memories!!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Was great to see the family again, even the ones on the "wrong side".

What are you talking about? I never crossed the double yellow...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the memories and the hospitality! Pete & Kathi

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the memories and the hospitality! Pete & Kathi
So glad you guys made it. The Skyway was long and got hot but was still a lot of fun.....except for finding a lunch spot....lol
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm a little late here. We had a great time! The roads and scenery were spectacular. The small attendance turned out to allow everyone to get to know one another better. (Unfortunate for those meeting me for the first time.)
I want to thank Ron for his efforts, and Patsy for undoubtedly enduring his stress. It may not have seemed like it was appreciated, but it truly was. We were sad to learn that you had departed early while we were riding. (Just like most folks who duck out when my back is turned.)
Sorry Pete and Kathy for picking on you, but as relative Newbies, I wanted to get to know you. I missed out on getting your address, so I couldn't stop in to Dayton on my way home to hang out for a week or two. Big slip up on your part!
Anyway, with people going to Sturgess next year, we won't be doing this rally, but I hope we can get together again. Right or left, we're all good people, which is what counts. I'll miss all y'all!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
We made it home safe on Monday about 4:30 We left early Saturday and had a scenic ride back to WV and overnighted at Brady's. Sunday morning we had a leisurely ride to Carol's in Brush Valley. We missed a short storm on Saturday about noon and it was HOT! The light rain that came down while we were having lunch cooled things off nicely. HWY 220 was shaded in a lot of places and was quite nice to ride. Storm had some branches down and one has hanging in other branches right over the road!! It was a great week of riding with some nice folks. Thanks to Ron for his work at organizing the rides. We put 1165 km on the van trailering the bike to Carol's and back. We rode 1565 km on the rides while in Sylva. We rode 2174 km to Sylva from Carol's and back. Total riding 3739 km. No wonder there is little to no tread on my front tire!

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
We made it home safe on Monday about 4:30 We left early Saturday and had a scenic ride back to WV and overnighted at Brady's. Sunday morning we had a leisurely ride to Carol's in Brush Valley. We missed a short storm on Saturday about noon and it was HOT! The light rain that came down while we were having lunch cooled things off nicely. HWY 220 was shaded in a lot of places and was quite nice to ride. Storm had some branches down and one has hanging in other branches right over the road!! It was a great week of riding with some nice folks. Thanks to Ron for his work at organizing the rides. We put 1165 km on the van trailering the bike to Carol's and back. We rode 1565 km on the rides while in Sylva. We rode 2174 km to Sylva from Carol's and back. Total riding 3739 km. No wonder there is little to no tread on my front tire!

Was Monkeydunk's Carol there? I thought I saw her in a picture. I thought I saw your buddy Mark too.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yup Carol came in the Slingshot. Monika was riding with her! We missed not having Kurt along to join in all the good riding and fun. Sad that we lost him this spring. Mark and Luanne were with us. We had adjoining rooms, made it convenient for morning coffee and evening beers.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts