Registered
19,602 Posts
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Reactions: ronken10

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Yes. Actually we already have 2 convertibles. Might just do it.:wayhappy:

We have several who will be caging and I'll be trailering again this year. We really would love to see you guys. You know that. We had a convertible leading the pack a few years back at the Bayou Classic Rally. So long as you get to feel the wind. Rent a Slingshot... Best of luck with that knee. Keep it moving.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Yes! Hope the knee heals quick. Monika needs new knees as well. Not sure how long the wait will be for this.
After Dave had his replaced he wished he'd done it sooner.

Reactions: barrynfla

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
WEEK REVIEW... Was in Maggie Valley this week, a few miles from Sylva, and there are so many roads I didn't know about that the locals and other riders pointed out. Eat your Wheaties because a few of these rides wore my old a$$ out. Some are also pretty easy going. I checked out our Hotel in Sylva...practically brand new, High on a hill with fantastic views. Lots of good eating close by and the BRP and Maggie valley is about 30 minutes or less away. I will usually offer 2 options on most rides. If you like to hit the twisties hard I'll have a point to meet back up when the slower more cautious crowd (me) catches up. Most of the twisty roads I did, I rarely got out of 2nd gear (30-45 mph). Going to try to avoid interstates as much as possible. If it's what you like I can have park and hike to see some great waterfalls and mountain vistas. Let me know if interested or if it's just all about the ride.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
2 and 1/2 months until AGT. Time to make those reservations if you haven't. Rooms still available. Looking forward to meeting new folks and old friends...."old" as in, I already met you before, although some of us are getting up there. Should be perfect riding weather. See you there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Ron,
I may have saw you while you were down there in May (I was in the area also, stayed over at Kickstand Campground in Stecoah)...I am thinking on joining you guys on the 27th and 28th..Any issues if I show up on my Honda NC700x instead of my C50 Boulevard (I like riding the Honda in the twisties more than the ole girl)?

·
Registered
19,602 Posts
I haven't ridden a C50 since 2012. Nobody cares what you ride (unless it is a Harley, then we will dog on you for riding it). Show up with what you are most comfortable riding.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Hey Ron,
I may have saw you while you were down there in May (I was in the area also, stayed over at Kickstand Campground in Stecoah)...I am thinking on joining you guys on the 27th and 28th..Any issues if I show up on my Honda NC700x instead of my C50 Boulevard (I like riding the Honda in the twisties more than the ole girl)?
ALL bikes welcome. Some will be 3 wheels and some in cars. We just enjoy the get together. May have seen you. Did most of the BRP from The Smokies to Lil Switzerland in pieces and most twisty roads south of Maggie Valley to north Georgia. A lot of riding. Hope to see you again.

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
Guys, due to realities at work, I will not be able to attend. Please don’t let my development ruin any of your plans, I encourage all of you to ride down and enjoy the stellar roads in the area.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
:crying2:
Sorry to say we won't make it this year. Vickey has had a knee replaced this month and this along with her back surgeries make it a very difficult trip even in the car and riding is out for sure.
I know Ron is on top of the planning and I wish everyone a great rally. Maybe next year.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts