Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning is underway for the Annual Get Together for 2019.
Dates are Sept 21-28, 2019.
Location is Sylva NC (near Maggie Valley and Blue Ridge Parkway).
Base hotel is Comfort Inn Sylva.
It's very early for ride planning, etc. Just wanted to give any interested people info to flag calendars.
Also if you have not received an email from me about this rally in recent days and wish to be on my list you can PM me your email address.
:wayhappy:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of good riding in that area. Been there lots of times and always enjoyed it. I am done with the Dragon though, better rides elsewhere and not as crazy!
Do you want on the email list concerning this rally? If so send your e via PM. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,598 Posts
My dad and I always play golf in Santee SC the following week. I could ship my clubs, ride the bike, enjoy the get together, go farther south, golf, ship my clubs home, then ride home.. Hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
Marked.

I believe SweetLu was going to have the OctoVRfest (which is held in September) down there in 2019 as well.
Yes, I've been in touch with him about this.:smile2:
Jim and I have exchange emails. I don’t know if it is a good thing to have both rallies at the same time in the same hotel..... same time, but different hotels.... or just have it different times and hotels.

Each option has it’s plusses and minuses.

On the positive, by combining both, we can have a huge diverse rally.

By having it at different locations (same time), we could organize a meet and greet. either a ride, or a dinner.

perhaps people like to have their own rally identity...then different dates. If so, I’m thinking of doing OctoVRfest in the first week of October. (i know, I know).

to all, especially AGT rally-ers (since it is your thread and sorry for the hijack), feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim and I have exchange emails. I don’t know if it is a good thing to have both rallies at the same time in the same hotel..... same time, but different hotels.... or just have it different times and hotels.
I guess it might help to know how many riders you normally get. As you know we will probably get 20-25 couples. I have a commitment from the hotel for 25 rooms but I'm sure that is flexible.
Where do you normally have your rally, I think you mentioned Maggie Valley. That's close enough to have a common ride if we want or a meet-up somewhere.
I would not think it's good to have a huge number in one place for logistics of rides, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
I guess it might help to know how many riders you normally get. As you know we will probably get 20-25 couples. I have a commitment from the hotel for 25 rooms but I'm sure that is flexible.
Where do you normally have your rally, I think you mentioned Maggie Valley. That's close enough to have a common ride if we want or a meet-up somewhere.
I would not think it's good to have a huge number in one place for logistics of rides, etc.
My guess it would be an additional 10 riders only since a few of the usual OctoVRfest attendees were at this year’s AGT in NM.

We do the rally at a new location every year, but it’s always in the east and we break up in groups when we ride. In addition, we only schedule it for four days, Thursday - Sunday. In Maggie Valley, there is plenty of places to ride, so I don’t see adding a lot of riders to a group ride, in fact, I was planning to lead rides on Friday and Saturday.

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
hope to be there if it doesn't clash with the OctVRFest Rally...
you are retired....it means you can attend all the rallies....even the ones in the west coast....lucky bastard :razz:

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Personally; I think it would be great to have both groups at the same time & same place. Get to meet new folks.

It's not uncommon for the rides to get split up, to accommodate different ride speeds, distant tolerance & so on.

And as stated before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sooooooooooooooo many greeeeeaaaaat roads & rides.

Just my 2 cents. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally; I think it would be great to have both groups at the same time & same place. Get to meet new folks.

It's not uncommon for the rides to get split up, to accommodate different ride speeds, distant tolerance & so on.

And as stated before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sooooooooooooooo many greeeeeaaaaat roads & rides.

Just my 2 cents. :grin2:
Yes:smile2:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Planning is underway for the Annual Get Together for 2019.
Dates are Sept 21-28, 2019.
Location is Sylva NC (near Maggie Valley and Blue Ridge Parkway).
Base hotel is Comfort Inn Sylva.
It's very early for ride planning, etc. Just wanted to give any interested people info to flag calendars.
Also if you have not received an email from me about this rally in recent days and wish to be on my list you can PM me your email address.
Just a bump and an update on the AGT Rally in Sept 2019. Above is the original post with dates and location info. Since then our friend SweetLu has posted that he will join this event with his annual OctoVRfest group. We welcome this group and any other riders wishing to meet and ride with a great bunch of folks. If you are not currently on the email list for this rally and wish to be please PM me with contact info and I'll be sure to keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
Just a bump and an update on the AGT Rally in Sept 2019. Above is the original post with dates and location info. Since then our friend SweetLu has posted that he will join this event with his annual OctoVRfest group. We welcome this group and any other riders wishing to meet and ride with a great bunch of folks. If you are not currently on the email list for this rally and wish to be please PM me with contact info and I'll be sure to keep you posted.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Talked with a couple of friends of mine today (we are in a group call We Ride North Carolina) who I've ridden with before up in NC/Tenn area. They have some great trips mapped out near the Sylva area that they will send to me and might even be willing to lead a couple of the rides as well. That would be cool. I thought we could have one day for the Dragon even though most has run it (I have several times), parts of the Parkway should be included. There are several really cool waterfalls nearby within a short walk from parking, the Hellbender or Tail of the Dragon, Shiners Run (northwest of Asheville), several great rides east of Asheville, the Rattler and Devil's Whip. So many to choose from, some I've done but some I haven't and I'm usually by myself. The Skyway is kinda farther out but still a contender. My friends also know great little backwoods places to eat so their input would be invaluable in multiple ways. I plan to keep in touch with them and add rides to my Rever app. I will also probably run up there in the spring and or summer (both....lol) to check out rides and ride with them. Let me know if anyone has any special places you want to visit like strip joints, biker bars or museums. Blowing Rock is northeast of Asheville but I was disappointed (just a cliff with beautiful views....maybe I went on a slow day). Let me know. Starting to plan early cause I may not have anymore surgeries and my wife will make me go back to work.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
1 - 20 of 143 Posts