Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 01 red/black new in 01, only new vehicle I have ever owned. Been looking at this site and the old Vol site (where I was a member under another user name) for years. Saved me time/money/headaches more times than I can recall... You guys rock!
In those years 14 other bikes (and a wife) have come and gone but I will always keep my Vol. I have a couple of mods on her and 38k - will post pictures when I go find the sticky about how.
I just picked up a pair of rashed up R/B 2001 VL800s this weekend to cobble together and make into a bobber (and MAN does it have issues but what do I expect for $500?) so I find myself again on the site. Figured I would join this time - good to be here/back :)

Im sure someone put car oil in it, or it has a stripped drive line, or a bad kickstand switch, or something that I would never figure out on my own without you guys.

Anyway, I'm in Springfield VA if anyone is around my way and wants to ride.
Nick

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Welcome back from Maryville Tn.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Bought a 01 red/black new in 01, only new vehicle I have ever owned. Been looking at this site and the old Vol site (where I was a member under another user name) for years. Saved me time/money/headaches more times than I can recall... You guys rock!
In those years 14 other bikes (and a wife) have come and gone but I will always keep my Vol. I have a couple of mods on her and 38k - will post pictures when I go find the sticky about how.
I just picked up a pair of rashed up R/B 2001 VL800s this weekend to cobble together and make into a bobber (and MAN does it have issues but what do I expect for $500?) so I find myself again on the site. Figured I would join this time - good to be here/back :)

Im sure someone put car oil in it, or it has a stripped drive line, or a bad kickstand switch, or something that I would never figure out on my own without you guys.

Nick
the Vol is designed to run on "Car Oil" see owner manual.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
hello from NYC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bobbers

Welcome from Virginia. I like bobbers too. As can be seen in my pic.
I like it, I am doing some figuring for a seat pan and seat now -I like the way you handled that area on yours, classic look. Trying to decide if springs on the seat is redundant on a bike with rear suspension since I am not going to hardtail it.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts

Nick
Wow, you go way back if you mention the old site. I liked it when you said "I've gone through several bikes and a wife...."

Made me smile. :wayhappy:

As long as your still riding, I know you'll be OK.

Welcome back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts