Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So if I decide to try the extra fuel and power, what should I try.

ebay link

Will this 40.00 adjustable performance chip do the same thing as a 300.00 pcIII, or a BULLY processor, or a 200.00 Cobra fi 2000, or which should I buy.

Seems they are all modules and what can one do which the other can not do. Except come with the pots turned and adjusted to specific mods already done. I can adjust mine by ear, or would rather have my bike dynoed to meet my specific mods.

Any comments?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Let us know if this $50 unit does anything. I don't see how will just a connection to the IAT sensor.

Have you read about Gman's Bully processor? Sounds very interesting.

BOC502005 said:
So if I decide to try the extra fuel and power, what should I try.

ebay link

Will this 40.00 adjustable performance chip do the same thing as a 300.00 pcIII, or a BULLY processor, or a 200.00 Cobra fi 2000, or which should I buy.

Seems they are all modules and what can one do which the other can not do. Except come with the pots turned and adjusted to specific mods already done. I can adjust mine by ear, or would rather have my bike dynoed to meet my specific mods.

Any comments?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Trimex International they are in Winter Park Florida. USA
10 year warranty and they have some very good claima on performance which I do not believe are realistic. But never the less every one who adds a processor claims they can feel a boost.

I think they all use a 4 wire connect for the C50.
One power, one ground and one to the OEM processor and one from the IAT.
If you read their artical it is logic as to how it works. But I wonder which unit can do more for performance.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
BOC502005 said:
10 year warranty and they have some very good claima on performance which I do not believe are realistic. But never the less every one who adds a processor claims they can feel a boost.

If you read their artical it is logic as to how it works. But I wonder which unit can do more for performance.
I've never tried a PCIII so this is speculation on what I've read. It was developed for track use on gsxr's. I reaches it's full potential when mapped in conjuction with dyno tuning. The oem ecu goes rich when transitioning from midrange to high rpm and will cause the bike to momenarily "bog" The dyno, the map, and the PCIII will fix that. And that has always been my rub with the PCIII. It costs more to start with, it requires me to download a map, (and just watch for the "treasure hunt" for the perfect map). And in order to realize it's full potential you need dyno time. At the end of the day your still running an 805cc Vtwin, how much performance boost are you really gonna realize. Conversly, I can pick up a Cobra fi2000 on e-bay for about $170, it's plug and play, I can adjust the pots and read my plugs to my satisfaction. I get criper throttle response, it never stumbles, and if I've provided for a little more air and alot more exhaust, yes I can feel the torque improvement when I twist the wick......................and that is just my .02 :lol:
Viper

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
472viper said:
BOC502005 said:

I've never tried a PCIII so this is speculation on what I've read. It was developed for track use on gsxr's. I reaches it's full potential when mapped in conjuction with dyno tuning. The oem ecu goes rich when transitioning from midrange to high rpm and will cause the bike to momenarily "bog" The dyno, the map, and the PCIII will fix that. And that has always been my rub with the PCIII. It costs more to start with, it requires me to download a map, (and just watch for the "treasure hunt" for the perfect map). And in order to realize it's full potential you need dyno time. At the end of the day your still running an 805cc Vtwin, how much performance boost are you really gonna realize. Conversly, I can pick up a Cobra fi2000 on e-bay for about $170, it's plug and play, I can adjust the pots and read my plugs to my satisfaction. I get criper throttle response, it never stumbles, and if I've provided for a little more air and alot more exhaust, yes I can feel the torque improvement when I twist the wick......................and that is just my .02 :lol:
Viper

Well put, good choice words. It is so hard to drag a response out of some people. I am thankful for members like yourself.
You said 02, that must be the joke. I get it. :lol :D
I missed it . 02 I thought you were refering to 2002 which was carb.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
In all fairness to members here, the FI controller issue is one of those horses that has been beat to death long ago. Viper restated what has been said many time over and over again. Ot is all ones personal choice to which controller. What you want to spend before and after the purchase both in time and money. The $50 device is something new and Gman Bully. Little to no feedback on those so far. Everything else is on the forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Techolusia by dobeck performance

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

Any oppinions, testomonies. Advantages, dis advantages. I may have a source for 100.00 But I would pay extra for something else if it worked beter.
I know Dobeck has a 2 year warranty. I watched a video on it. thet say you can shoot it burn it runover it. They will replace it with in the 2 year warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Well I'm no expect in this area (far from it) but I know two things for fact:

1. The C50 comes lean from the factory

2. If you introduce more air to it (and even if the ECM will adjusts for that), it will still do so on the lean side. Lean engines run hotter and do a number on the valves. That is what I DO know.

Is it prudent to put an aftermarket processor on the bike, that can easily be manipulate the fuel settings? In my opinion it is, although Gman and silver50cruisermedic can tell you I have questioned the need for one more than once. Now I have the BULLY and while it's not fine-tuned yet, I noticed two very positive things:

a) No more sudden fuel cut-off when letting off the throttle (something that annoyed me to no end) - it was way to sensitive and would almost throw you forward in the seat - that's all but gone

b) I don't need no Laptop and downloaded maps; I can "dial" in more or less fuel and change the transition between cruising and acceleration modes with the touch of a button while I ride. Might take some time to get the best of both worlds, good fuel ecomony and good power, but if any of the units out there make it easy, it would be the BULLY. I will report when I have mine fine-tuned..

Currently running KN Filter with drilled air filter cover and Jardine Tapers.

Moe

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
moenko said:

2. If you introduce more air to it (and even if the ECM will adjusts for that), it will still do so on the lean side. Lean engines run hotter and do a number on the valves. That is what I DO know.

Is it prudent to put an aftermarket processor on the bike, that can easily be manipulate the fuel settings? In my opinion it is, although Gman and silver50cruisermedic can tell you I have questioned the need for one more than once. Now I have the BULLY and while it's not fine-tuned yet, I noticed two very positive things:

a) No more sudden fuel cut-off when letting off the throttle (something that annoyed me to no end) - it was way to sensitive and would almost throw you forward in the seat - that's all but gone

b) I don't need no Laptop and downloaded maps; I can "dial" in more or less fuel and change the transition between cruising and acceleration modes with the touch of a button while I ride. Might take some time to get the best of both worlds, good fuel ecomony and good power, but if any of the units out there make it easy, it would be the BULLY. I will report when I have mine fine-tuned..

Currently running KN Filter with drilled air filter cover and Jardine Tapers.

Moe
GMAN sent me some adjustments for my Bully to get more performance and gave me new settings to try(I will lose my nice mpg though).....I've not tryed these settings yet,and instead have the controller dialed in for the way I ride and so I see myself leaving my settings as they are now...I'm now getting 50 mpg as an average and that's what I wanted....It's neat to know that within a few seconds I can try GMAN's new settings and try it,if it doesn't work,it takes me seconds to go right back "exactly" to where I was! That to me is just one of the nice features I'm enjoying with it...I'm actually very happy with it,though I realize it isn't for everyone! :wink:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
C50T2006 said:
In all fairness to members here, the FI controller issue is one of those horses that has been beat to death long ago. Viper restated what has been said many time over and over again. Ot is all ones personal choice to which controller. What you want to spend before and after the purchase both in time and money. The $50 device is something new and Gman Bully. Little to no feedback on those so far. Everything else is on the forum.
I agree that the processor issue has been beaten to death....I feel I've posted enough at this point about the Bully,I'm happy with it,the way my bike runs,and the consistency I hoped for also.....If folks need more info about the Bully,they can PM me or shoot Gary an e mail or a PM also.... :wink: One needs to find what works best for "them" and some of it may have to do with a person's budget..Some of these processors are for the real tweakers in us and some are very easy to install and leave it and go....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
moenko said:

The C50 does not come lean from the factory. Every C50 we tested ran on the rich side. I think G MAn would probably agree.

The problem is, intake and exhaust mods cause it to lean. G Mans module allows you adust the mixture according to your needs.

G Man has the best module on the market. Works great!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Many people are having problems knowing if there processor is set correct. WHich tells me they are not feeling anything extra. I received a private message from a rider who is using the G MAn Bully and is ready to sell it for way less than what he paid. He is feeling nothing different.

All I can say is, (communication) We need to share our experiances to help one another. We all have a passion to ride and to have a beter machine to do this with. This is the place to ask questions and find answers.

I found after many extreme mods I still had a rich mixture with the C50. But when I twisted the throttle and it wanted more, the exhaust was greater and the air intake was more availible, but there was not extra fuel. So I was getting a slight ping or octane knock. After adding a processor I was able to adjust and add more fuel for hard throttle and added engine load with two up. ( extra rider ) WHen I am not needing the extra fuel and I am cruising, or just around town. I turn the processor off. I have a switch on the groung which allows me to use stock settings and I only use the processor to over ride stock when I need more fuel. I left Charlotte NC. and road to Bike week Myrtel Beach SC. and on a 3 hour trip running 65 to 70 mph I averaged 58 miles per gallon.

Bo

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
BOC502005 said:
Many people are having problems knowing if there processor is set correct. WHich tells me they are not feeling anything extra. I received a private message from a rider who is using the G MAn Bully and is ready to sell it for way less than what he paid. He is feeling nothing different.

All I can say is, (communication) We need to share our experiances to help one another. We all have a passion to ride and to have a beter machine to do this with. This is the place to ask questions and find answers.

I found after many extreme mods I still had a rich mixture with the C50. But when I twisted the throttle and it wanted more, the exhaust was greater and the air intake was more availible, but there was not extra fuel. So I was getting a slight ping or octane knock. After adding a processor I was able to adjust and add more fuel for hard throttle and added engine load with two up. ( extra rider ) WHen I am not needing the extra fuel and I am cruising, or just around town. I turn the processor off. I have a switch on the groung which allows me to use stock settings and I only use the processor to over ride stock when I need more fuel. I left Charlotte NC. and road to Bike week Myrtel Beach SC. and on a 3 hour trip running 65 to 70 mph I averaged 58 miles per gallon.

Bo

I mentioned in an identical post on this earlier.....These folks that are clueless and or in the dark about the bully just need to contact Gary...Gary spends all of the needed time helping to dial the unit in. It's amazing how many people won't even take the time to read through the manual! The manual is really easy to understand,but I still made quite a few calls to GMAN for the whole scoop..

·
Registered
25 Posts

Bo

I know it's been years but I am wondering how your set up is going because I am interested in a set up where I can just go rich with a press of a button 😉

·
Super Moderator
22,652 Posts
wonder if the op is still riding the same mc...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts