Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
takes a real man or at least one humble enough to admit when he f*cks up...which in my case can sometimes happen unless you ask the wife and she'll replace "some" with "most"...

so what happened was simple enough... driving in my car, heading straight and approaching a car stopped at a stop sign on my right...repeat...I was going straight...suddenly the driver pulls out and continues on to the other side of the road...I hit my brakes, lay on the horn and give the guy a look like "what the f*ck dude"...continue on and look down at my speedo and realize my blinker had never shut off since I had turned onto the road a few miles back,,,never happens on my car...needless to say, I get why he pulled out in front of me...

so the purpose of this post/thread other than to prove a certain someone here that yes I am a f*ck up...is because as many of us here still riding a volusia/c50...the signals don't turn themselves off and we can create our own situations where its not always the other guys fault.

so for what its worth...I F*CKED UP !!!!!!!!

btw...c90's don't shut themselves off either...no need to explain why I know this.

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Maybe you need to check the batteries in your hearing aid. That click click click drives me nuts if it goes too long.

Glad the accident was avoided at least.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had one of those signal canceling gizmo's on my volusia...worked good until I was on a trip in NH for a week and it shut down my blinker system...no biig deal...I used hand signals for the week...when I got back and took the mc into the shop to find out what happened, they told me they just removed the cancelor and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We all have a brain freeze now and again. This was one of my good ones a while back ......

Getting old ... brain going .... Empty
Subject: Getting old ... brain going ....
Getting old ... brain going .... Icon_minitime
Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 am
So... I'm riding in Cardiff, blazing hot, and they have narrowed the roads into the city for security checks as the football is due on. All lanes narrowed into one, huge tailback, no room, sun belting down, so, you can imagine.
Bike starts to overheat and starts missing a bit on tick over, fan on and off like crazy.
So I'm thinking, I hope it's not going to die on me.
Got to my meet up, had a cold one outside the pub, and the bike is cooling off nice.
Get on the bike, starts up ok, but has a fault code on the dash. I thinks, 'what now'?
further up the road, the fault code 444 turns into fault code 445 ... as in 4.45 PM.

Getting old ... brain going .... Stupid_head

·
Registered
965 Posts
Familiar with the S.L.O.B. mod? Signal Left On Beeper

It's fairly easy to do; tap into the output from the turn signal flasher to power a small Piezo beeper. If you want to get real fancy, run the power to the beeper through the NC contacts on a relay, and have the coil of the relay energized from your brake light power. With either turn signal in use, the beeper sounds, but is silenced when you apply the brakes.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I’ve accidentally left my turn signal on on more than one occasion myself…..
When I’m stopped at an intersection section waiting for traffic and a vehicle is approaching with its signal on I like to wait to make sure they are actually slowing down to make a turn. I’ve had more than one vehicle go through an intersection with its signal on…..
Glad it ended well for you.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its funny how we all react differently to scenerios where bad things can happen...especially where cars are stopped on side roads...some will try to make eye contact with the driver if the driver in a car is stopped and you are approaching...me...I watch the tires...they tell me more what he is doing...they stay still...he see;s me and is waiting...they start to roll...he's out to lunch and not aware of me on the road...

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is lame on their part...especially being a safety issue...how about that Beez...for once we agree on something...looks like we made our yearly quota now...have a good weekend ugly and everyone else.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You know Dennis, only old people ride with their blinkers on. Oh wait... Maybe you should check your blinker fluid?
So two interesting and related stories:
1. I had my blinker on in my truck and I put it on a couple of miles before the exit to get into the right lane. I gather, I eased into the lane well enough that my blinker never turned off. After a mile, my truck told me...."Your right blinker is still on" I am use to her telling me, Take a right, Take a Left, Your going to fast... But never the Blinker!
2. I have had the Indian Chieftain 2017 for three year now, Who knew it had blinker cancelling on it! I am use to the Suzuki and I would always turn it off after the turn. But one time I didn't and LOW AND BEHOLD! It turned off on its own.
Way kewl!

·
Registered
23,533 Posts
Really, it was just Dennis showing his red baboon ass in public again. And he wonders why Barb has him on a tight leash.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she looking to see what .I'm worth on the open market...I told her about as much as a 2lb bag of stale purple jelly beans...

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Dennis, I'm surprised Beeezer didn't tell you to buy an HD, they have self cancelling :D

• Love
Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Barb took the leash off years ago, hoping he'd run away. Apparently he's smart enough to know when he's got a good thing going though. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
she is quite the good cook...just getting her to find the kitchen is the trick....but since she usually picks up the tab when we go out to eat, guess having to settle for 2nd best is nothing to complain about.....so when they put the bill infront of me, I pass it over to her and tell her being lazy comes with a price tag, not to mention the bonus of my company.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts