Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Maby the 700 yam. The others are basically sport tourers not enough dirt. And I have read mixed reviews on the 900 yam. But I haven't been on one. The 700 yam is hard to find used.

Ain't that the truth! Everything with an engine is hard to find used right now.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ain't that the truth! Everything with an engine is hard to find used right now.
Yep.. I found a 900 yam locally but I was too slow. Already sold when I called on it. Haven't seen a 700 at all.

·
Premium Member
27,210 Posts
There are strong rumors in Honda-land that a sport-touring bike, based on the same power plant, is in the works. Possible release in 2022. If you're curious, search the web for Honda NT1100.

Thing is, can Honda deliver what it designs?
That seems really weird. It’s been a few years but that motor was not high reving at all if my memory serves me correctly. As I recall the motor had all its power down low where you need it for off-roading. Kind of opposite ends of the engine spectrum.

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
That seems really weird. It’s been a few years but that motor was not high reving at all if my memory serves me correctly. As I recall the motor had all its power down low where you need it for off-roading. Kind of opposite ends of the engine spectrum.
Oh, you can be certain Honda will re-tune the engine to make things more suitable for on-road riding. They did for the Rebel 1100, which also uses the same motor as the AT.

Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Quick note:

Honda has confirmed the NT1100 is coming to the 'States for 2022.

However, Honda's spec sheet for it says it will come with a 32.3 inch seat height. A bit much for me, at only 5’ 7” tall.

There goes that wish of mine. Crud.

·
Administrator
29,773 Posts
The Africa twin is a good bike. It’s not a pig and fun to ride off road. It has had some issues. One of them being stiction issues with the front end!

A friend of mine has one rigged into an ADV tourer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: NateDog 62
41 - 47 of 47 Posts