Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to rejet a brand new virgin stock carburetor for my depaired 03 Volusia for the Kury hypercharger intake and Cobra slashdown exhaust.

I went through this many years ago for the hypercharger with stock exhaust. I forget which rejet kit and parameters I used, etc, but the outcome was very good.

I have the old carb for reference. I made the mistake of letting it get gummed up with ethanol gas while sitting way too long and couldn't get it to work right again. So now it is just a practice/reference tool for my next rejet.

I will soon pour over the rejet matrix and Briman's notes etc. I could really use some extra eyeballs/experience out there on which kits/jets/shims/needles/tweaks/etc are best for my new setup.

Thanks and ride safe!

Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A huge THANK YOU to member v0lusia for the CD you gave me many years ago with all the "must have" artifacts for care and maintenance of the Volusia. I think it was 2005 at Thunder in the Valley but I could be wrong. I never needed or used it because a lot of it was fresh in my memory back then or readily available online. But those days are long gone and I sure as heck need it now! Not just for the rejet but just about everything else that CD covers.

Fortunately I took good care of it all these years. I kept it with the famous pink book!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
10 years ago, I'd quote to you from the ReJet Matrix. Now I just plain don't remember... I think it was on the CD though, no?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes indeed that CD is pure gold! It's good for some laughs to ("The killer squirrel story" etc)

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got that CD backed up in 3 places now!

Someday I'll hide it under the seat when I finally donate my '03 Volusia to the Smithsonian!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I'm not sure if i still have it or not. It may have been deemed no longer needed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's exactly the same setup I did on the old carb! I have all the parts I need except for that teeny brass plug that goes under the funnel and a PITA to get to.

Aftermarket or stock pipes & Hypercharger airkit:
142 main jet, 45 pilot jet, dyno spring, dyno needle (for Thunder kit) on 3rd notch (Thunder says 2nd notch, but no one has had this work well), mix screw at 2.5 - 3 turns, plugged air jet. adjust idle knob as needed to reach 1100 rpm.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I started there and then did the actual tuning. It was ~15 iterations of small adjustments but it sang afterwards. I'd rest the tank on top every 2-3 adjustments to refill the bowl. Ahhh, the good old days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts