Want.
$800 on sale. Revzilla.
I hate riding at night.
Anyone here try these?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how long these have been out, but with time, the price has to come down.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Lot of money to ride at night... Don't see the major difference to spend any where near that kind of money. There are other LED bulb choices that light up the road at fraction of the price. Not sure the market or specific customer for it.

As for me, I hate to ride at night. Animals, tire debris, road hazards, drunks, texters, etc, etc.....

Only if I have to and not by choice. Dangerous enough during the daylight.

RV

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know what you mean. Where you are riding at night , Flat, no trees , hillsides, or road signs for light to reflect back from to give you indecation where the road ahead is going.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

$800 difference? No. Don't see it. My point is I don't see $800 difference. I admit it lights the road better and lights the curve better, but on a $3-4000 dollar bike, I don't see a $800 headlight.

How often are you riding at night? I ride my bike nearly everyday, commute nearly daily. But can't remember when I rode at night... Maybe couple of months ago.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, seriously.

$800 difference? No. Don't see it. My point is I don't see $800 difference. I admit it lights the road better and lights the curve better, but on a $3-4000 dollar bike, I don't see a $800 headlight.

How often are you riding at night? I ride my bike nearly everyday, commute nearly daily. But can't remember when I rode at night... Maybe couple of months ago.
Oh. I agree. Not worth 800 to me either. I try to never ever ride at night. It would be welcomed though if I had to in an emergency or something, but not for 1/4 price of a bike.
That's the reason I said they will have to come down in the future. Probably be a little while, and Chinese clones will be everywhere for $100.
Maybe then.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd be concerned with the durability of it, and how easy it is to replace parts, It seems to me with the constant on\off of the cornering lights you'd be having a lot of issues with the bulbs\led's

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd be concerned with the durability of it, and how easy it is to replace parts, It seems to me with the constant on\off of the cornering lights you'd be having a lot of issues with the bulbs\led's
Have you ever seem a burned out LED?
I can't recall any.

·
Registered
303 Posts
As a matter of fact a whole floor of them in my office building just this week. Of course that was from a power surge. Now if you are talking the led strips on the backs of pickups, yeah I've seen a lot of them that don't work right either. I was meaning the more complex you make something the crappier it is to have to repair it. You figure that thing has to have some type of motion detection, circuitry boards, multiple lights + the $800 price tag. So if it does break can you tear it apart and fix it yourself or are you going to have to send it back and wait 4-6 weeks or eat the $800?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As a matter of fact a whole floor of them in my office building just this week. Of course that was from a power surge. Now if you are talking the led strips on the backs of pickups, yeah I've seen a lot of them that don't work right either. I was meaning the more complex you make something the crappier it is to have to repair it. You figure that thing has to have some type of motion detection, circuitry boards, multiple lights + the $800 price tag. So if it does break can you tear it apart and fix it yourself or are you going to have to send it back and wait 4-6 weeks or eat the $800?
Look, I'm not selling these danm things!

I just thought it was cool.
As I said, I think I'll wait til they come down at least 700% before I try one.:wayhappy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts