Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Slow in response to LED turn signal pictures. I did notice the 'dashboard' turn lights glow as the bike heats up, getting stronger until about 25%-50%..

Alright now let's see if I can get those pictures attached..

Looks bright! If it were for me, I would switch to transparent lenses: you might experience amber color lighting-up the road in front of you at night.

As for the dash lights, you might want to try and switch the polarity of light bulbs (take the bulb out and turn around in the socket). Take one bulb out, leave the other in, and check if your dash turn signals indicators up, then turn the bulb around. Do that with one bulb at a time. If that doesn't fix the issue, there is probably voltage leaking back into turn signal circuit from the running lights circuit of the bulb.

Ground or negative wire is shared between both running/turn signal bulb circuits, and there is probably a diode and some resistors (like a one-way valve for electricity) between the two positives. It is very possible that the LED bulbs have crappy electronic components, and allow voltage back into the circuit. Another symptom that makes me think this is LED bulb issue, is the intensity of dash lights going up after the bulb has been on for a while.

Also check your rear bulbs: It might be hard to see if you have LEDs in the back (if at all possible due to some bulbs having low voltage cut-off) but there could be some glow coming from the bulbs that should only be on while blinking. this is due to the same issue: voltage leaking from front turn signals.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Were you asking about under glow lights before your thread got hijacked. If so there's a new thread today about them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts