Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asking me about my Bully.
Says he's 6'3" and wonders if the bike is too small, or would it be he's too big?
How would I know, I'm like 3'7" ;)

What say you?

·
Super Moderator
21,073 Posts
he'll probably need cobra bars to put hi way pegs on so he can stretch his legs...I got long legs and at 5'11" fiound the bike a bit cramped...didn't help I had a mustang seat which tends to move one even closer...best advice you can give him is to sit on the bike and judge for himself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bully = Boulevard C50? Works for me at 6'5"... for now. Knees are pretty bent, I don't mind that personally. Any specific fit questions?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he'll probably need cobra bars to put hi way pegs on so he can stretch his legs...I got long legs and at 5'11" fiound the bike a bit cramped...didn't help I had a mustang seat which tends to move one even closer...best advice you can give him is to sit on the bike and judge for himself.
Bully = Boulevard C50? Works for me at 6'5"... for now. Knees are pretty bent, I don't mind that personally. Any specific fit questions?
That's what I told the guy. You'll just need to come test it for fit.
Apparently, a two hour drive is out of the question.

·
Super Moderator
21,073 Posts
easier to spend $$$ on a seat that may not work and then try to return it or resell it and then reconsider riding the 2 hours ...then again...no knock on xyfish...he only just wanted an opinion or suggestion...

·
Super Moderator
26,070 Posts
I'm 6'2" and I had no problem with mine. My left foot was a bit cramped in between the heel/toe shifter, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I gotta agree with xjfish. I'm 6'4" and I don't have any problems. I have put z bars on so my reach up top is a little different, but I haven't put on any forward controls, or even highway pegs. I don't have an issue with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To elaborate a bit on the subject and fit for me at 6'5": I did a lot of research as far as the c50 being a possible fit for my tall ass (including reading a lot of old posts on this forum) before buying said bike. It does work for me, I'm currently only wanting to change the handlebars, as I find them kinda low. (Have new bars, have yet to install) I have some lower back pain issues and I really think raising the bars will help with my posture (long torso and arms). I installed a Mustang 3pc seat this season, putting me even closer to the tank... Not great for the legs, however the better angle, butt comfort, and backrest were a big plus. As Whiskey mentioned, left foot felt cramped (I wear size 16 skis) Adjusting the shifter helped some there. I very well may hack off the heel shifter down the road and forward controls are always a good option for tall people I think. I do have crash bars and pegs to kinda stretch out on but I'm oddly comfortable with my feet on the floorboards on all short trips.

Sorry a bit long. Anyways yeah, very doable. Sell the guy your bike. I like most old Jap bikes, but I truly don't fit on many! C50 is a better fit than most older cruisers.

·
Super Moderator
58,736 Posts
I'm 6' 2 and I thought it felt cramped. Sucks to ride around on the balls of your a** all day with your knees up higher than your a**.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll jump in here, because I've been asked similar questions by a lot of people. I'm just under 6'5", somewhere in the 275# range.

I test rode 3 different bikes before I sat on my C50 and almost immediately fell in love. I don't have forward controls, pegs, and after almost 2k miles and spending a good $600 on performance mods, I'm also sticking with the a$$ numbing stock seat until I convert my bike into a bobber.

I find the riding position just fine, and despite having back issues the last 7 years of my life on and off, I've never had them as a result of riding this bike. I've been out for rides up to 4 hours long with minimal short brakes to relive the numbness in my butt. No other discomfort to report.

·
Super Moderator
21,073 Posts
at those numbers you must be in the minority of vol riders who don't move on to a larger mc...not that theres anything wrong with those numbers...and I'm certain there are quite a few here with similar numbers to agree w/you...at 5'11 and long legs I found myself somewhat cramped and found the need for highway pegs on my cobra bars necessary to switch back and forth on long rides.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I'm getting back into biking after a 12 year hiatus. Wanted something cheap and easy to ride. Bigger bike in a year or two for sure. For now, this is great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts