Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys and Girls just wanted to know what your baffles looked like as the ones that came with mine are a straight thru type with a sorta honeycomb pattern with a twist thru and the opening of the holes are inside (sorry i tried to get a pic up but failed). The reason i ask is i been looking at the quiet baffles on the Denis kirk site and noticed the replacement baffles for straightshots and they look completely different so I'd like to know whether they sent me the wrong ones.Here's the link

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=H25229&store=Main&catId=403&productId=pH25229&leafCatId=40303

can someone let me know if this is right or wrong as where i live there's no one to compare with and I'm not sure if i got the right ones.

Also I'm getting some bluing already and the inside of the pipes are getting quite black and dirty as well on start up I'm getting a little black smoke but it quickly disappears , but I've travelled only about 150kms so will the computer on the C50 just be starting to make its own adjustments because of the new pipes .

Hoping to get a few opinions on this

Many Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really sure what that's all about as I've checked back to any related posts with this person and at no stage do i believe i have ignored this fella and if i have or missed thanking anyone for any info I'm truly sorry. I do browse a lot more than i post and then when I'm looking at something in particular i spose i do post a lot of questions at one time and when i got what i need i go back to browsing geez i didn't think it got up peoples shirts. This site has been totally responsible for nearly all my knowledge on this bike and helping me with all the accessories i own today for which I'm very grate full .
Now hopefully i may get some answers to the original question and if anyone has the fishtails on there straights i would love to see some photos as well .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Uhh..I've got no idea why you were attacked like that, how in the world would he know when it would've been appropriate for you to reply? Couldn't help but notice he's a fellow Ausie. The whole thing is baffling and disturbing to me.

Back to your question, the baffles you described sound like the ones that came with my straightshots.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nelamvr6 said:
Uhh..I've got no idea why you were attacked like that, how in the world would he know when it would've been appropriate for you to reply? Couldn't help but notice he's a fellow Aussie. The whole thing is baffling and disturbing to me.
Its probably an insecurity problem most Victorians have it and here's another example of how they fear us Sth Aussies as they know we are the superior state especially in the AFL football league !!! :wink:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Aussie C50 said:
Thanks for that you don't have fish tails on your by chance ? as i would like to see a set on a Vol/C50.
No, I have the Vortex tips. Pics are in my gallery.

I must confess that your AFL is a mystery to me, though I do enjoy watching it. Something about unbridled violence and cold beer makes for a pleasant afternoon of tele watching! 8)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nelamvr6 said:
Aussie C50 said:
Thanks for that you don't have fish tails on your by chance ? as i would like to see a set on a Vol/C50.
No, I have the Vortex tips. Pics are in my gallery.

I must confess that your AFL is a mystery to me, though I do enjoy watching it. Something about unbridled violence and cold beer makes for a pleasant afternoon of tele watching! 8)
Yep ya goter love it and my point before was there is a great rivalry between most states but the biggest is kept between Sth Aussie where i live and Victoria where jack lives and as of this week we enter our finals season or i think as you blokes call it the post season.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ok how about I actually answer the question at had. My baffles are exactly as you described them Aussie50. The ones that you linked to are wraped...probably with fiberglass. When I wanted to quiet my straightshots down, I jsut removed the baffles and wrapped them with fiberglass myself. So the ones in the picture are probably correct, assuming that they are the right size for the straights. If you want to forego the expense and just wrap the baffles yourself, you can do so. Just do a quick search and you'll find the directions on how to do it and what type of fiberglass to get. If ya can't find the thread, let me know and I'll see if I can find it for ya.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks i have wrapped them and put them back in and yes its a snug fit but if you cut the fiberglass right it will fit but even after that its still a little loud and the main problem is the reverberation inside my full face helmet which i think if you wore a half helmet you wouldn't get . I am getting used it but as i have some minor deafness in one ear I'm just not trying to make it any worse .At this stage i have sourced some of those quiet baffles which are supposed to drop the volume 2-3db so hopefully that may be the answer. Has anyone tried these out i was wondering how they go and if you look an the website they have some kind of power chamber as well so it will be and interesting trial and i will let people know how they go.

Many Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
66ChopperDaddy said:
Aussie C50 said:
I don't have the fishtails YET.... but they are on their way and should be here any day- will have pics posted as soon as they are on!
I had bluing, so I had her re-jetted- mine is a carbed Vol though.
Thanks Chopper I'd like to see them when you have them on .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts