Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, I hit a milestone on my odometer. Looks like I'm getting pretty close to getting a key to the High Mileage Lounge. I think the old girl has another 30k in her, probably more.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
And they said it couldn't be done.

What kind of maintenance have you done.

I only have 54K on mine. I'm thinking about changing the oil.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'07 C50.

My maintenance is pretty simple: change the oil every 3500 miles; adjust the valves somewhere between every 7000 and 10000 miles. New plugs every other oil change. I used to change the filter at every oil change; now I'm doing it at every other. I'm running 20/50 oil at the moment; I'll switch to 10/40 for winter riding on my next oil change. I've used cheap dino oil the whole time. I think it helps that my commute is 55 miles each way, mostly rural roads that I take at 50-60 mph without a lot of stop-and-go. Easy miles, not a lot of short trips. I check the oil religiously and don't let it get low. I haven't done anything to the intake or the chip to add power. I did drill a few holes in the exhaust when it was pretty new, just so I can hear it. And I took off the pair valve about 10,000 miles ago. I try not to beat on it too hard.

·
Administrator
29,589 Posts
All you have to do is take care of it and stay out of the throttle too deep. The suzuki motor is as good as any for the money.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
That's a lot of good living!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts