Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting very frustrated with the difference in prices and service needs for my new 2007 C50. The dealer I bought it from told us that the first service is due at 500km for an oil change and drive line fluid, plus the usual inspection and tightening of stuff. $125 all in.

Unfortuanately this dealer is now out of town for me and the local guys are telling me that 1. the firrst service is at 1000km and that the valves et al must be adjusted and gave me qotes ranging from $225 to $300.00.

I want to take good care with my new ride, but I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need either.

Help, anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had my C50 1000 Km check done. They replace oil and rear end oil and check valves. Most of the cost is labour. They have to check the valves stone cold. I paid $329.00.

I want to take care of the bike so I guess I had to pay the price. Hope that helps.

Charlie :roll:

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Have you looked in the owner's manual? It will tell you what is needed. the first service is due at 600 miles (however many kilometers that is). It includes a check and adjust as necessary of the valves. Some here choose to ignore this. However, many people on this site have had the check done and found they needed adjustment. They tend to come from the factory tight.

Mine have been adjusted twice and about to be checked for the third time. My bike has 13,000 miles. I get them checked each time the manual say to do so. They have needed adjustment each time as well. The price to check them is the same as to adjust them since the labor is in the checking so they don't need to lie to me about them needing adjustment once they have checked.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Your operating manual that came with the bike will tell you the recommended service at intervals. Is 600 miles same as 1,000km? I paid about $190 here in Indiana for that service.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
whitey, 1,000km is definitely the first service interval. which dealer is trying to tell you otherwise? i know most of them in the area..

back in spring 2006, i took my C50 for its first service at the dealer i bought it from, which is cycle city in burlington (used to be burlington cycle)...i paid $268.xx for the service, and got a checklist of absolutely everything that was done. bike felt AWESOME afterwards! that's a reasonable price, having discussed with other owners, and having done a couple of valve adjustments myself.

i had a friend of mine trailer the bike down (must be stone cold for the valve adjustment), and picked it up the next day. i know it's probably further than you were thinking, but it'd be worth giving them a call:

http://www.cyclecity.on.ca/

they're a beautiful 80km ride down guelph line away! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
Mort said:
Is 600 miles same as 1,000km?
it's 972km :wink:

looking at pricing for service from outside of canada just breaks our hearts, though...same as looking at bike prices, fuel prices, cigarette prices, alcohol prices.. :?

cheers!

-mistress k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts