Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am Henry. I hail from the Chicagoland suburbs. As the title states, I am a newbie to motorcycles. I have wanted a Can-Am Spyder RT-Limited for awhile now, but it is a bit out of my price range, even the used ones are too pricey for my budget right now. So, I was searching Cycle Trader for a deal...and finally found one.

Meanwhile, the wife and I are finishing up a local BRC class this coming weekend. What sucks is the certification card needed to get the endorsement added is to be mailed and may take 3-4 weeks to arrive. But, that hasn't stopped me from getting my (still new) 2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T (VL800) delivered later today.

This will be my 3rd expensive hobby. The other 2 are cigars and guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice looking bully hope she gives ya many wonderful smile filled miles and yes them can ams are crazy on price I was looking at one last week http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/4705365814.html was a wonderfull looking trike just a lil more then I had at the time

·
Pearly Gates Chapter
4,789 Posts
Welcome Henry to the forum and congrats on the schweet bike. The cigars & home defense part of your intro will fit with this group or with BEEZER .....Again, welcome and ride safe. Best,, D

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
801 Posts
Welcome from the far NW Burbs

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
She's a looker! Welcome to you and your bike to the forum.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Be sure to get some rider safety training, ie. MSF course, and some basic safety gear such as sturdy boots, leather gloves, and a good helmet. Leather jacket, goggles, chaps, sunglasses, lol. Point is ride safe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Definitely riding covered. I need to protect the brain cells, at least the ones I have left after partying too much in my 20's.

Think I'm good on gear for the near future:

HJC Sy-Max 3 helmet
Street & Steel Anarchy Jacket w/hoody
Bilt Iron Workers Cargo Pants
Rain pants
2 sets of gloves (cool and cold)
Red Wing work boots (most comfortable work boot I have ever worn)
plus, some cold base layers

I know I will get a half helmet and a lighter jacket in the Spring.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. I got a parking ticket once in Chicago. Haven't cared for it since.

Good move taking the MSF BRC. The best motorcycle money you will ever spend. Lots of practice though before you go out and play in traffic. Only 49? Still just a punk kid in my book.

All in good fun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.