Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am Henry. I hail from the Chicagoland suburbs. As the title states, I am a newbie to motorcycles. I have wanted a Can-Am Spyder RT-Limited for awhile now, but it is a bit out of my price range, even the used ones are too pricey for my budget right now. So, I was searching Cycle Trader for a deal...and finally found one.

Meanwhile, the wife and I are finishing up a local BRC class this coming weekend. What sucks is the certification card needed to get the endorsement added is to be mailed and may take 3-4 weeks to arrive. But, that hasn't stopped me from getting my (still new) 2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T (VL800) delivered later today.

This will be my 3rd expensive hobby. The other 2 are cigars and guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice looking bully hope she gives ya many wonderful smile filled miles and yes them can ams are crazy on price I was looking at one last week http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/4705365814.html was a wonderfull looking trike just a lil more then I had at the time

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Welcome Henry to the forum and congrats on the schweet bike. The cigars & home defense part of your intro will fit with this group or with BEEZER .....Again, welcome and ride safe. Best,, D

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome from the far NW Burbs

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
She's a looker! Welcome to you and your bike to the forum.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Be sure to get some rider safety training, ie. MSF course, and some basic safety gear such as sturdy boots, leather gloves, and a good helmet. Leather jacket, goggles, chaps, sunglasses, lol. Point is ride safe!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome from sunny California and congrats on the new ride. I love the two-tone paint on the newer models.

·
Super Moderator
33,484 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Many safe and happy miles to you!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome from Ohio Henry, you are sure to love your new bike.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Greetings from the Hoosier State Henry! I was in the same spot as you this time last year at age 50. You picked a great forum to hang out in, great people and a wealth of knowledge!

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
moning from ct...enjoy your new toy...and never assume anything when you're out riding. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definitely riding covered. I need to protect the brain cells, at least the ones I have left after partying too much in my 20's.

Think I'm good on gear for the near future:

HJC Sy-Max 3 helmet
Street & Steel Anarchy Jacket w/hoody
Bilt Iron Workers Cargo Pants
Rain pants
2 sets of gloves (cool and cold)
Red Wing work boots (most comfortable work boot I have ever worn)
plus, some cold base layers

I know I will get a half helmet and a lighter jacket in the Spring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the forum Henry
Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. I got a parking ticket once in Chicago. Haven't cared for it since.

Good move taking the MSF BRC. The best motorcycle money you will ever spend. Lots of practice though before you go out and play in traffic. Only 49? Still just a punk kid in my book.

All in good fun

·
Registered
535 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts