Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 7 days the 4th anniversary of my accident will pass. The date itself is bittersweet because it not only marks the date of my accident and loss of my wife but it also marks 3 years since I met the amazing person who has helped me get on with life since then.

After the accident I got back on a bike as soon as my injuries healed enough to ride. I bought a C90 that I had for a short time before trading it for a 2010 HD Ultra Classic which I rode for about 10 months before selling. I took a few months off from riding thinking I was just going to give it up, but I returned in 4 short months. It's in the blood. I bought a 2016 Heritage Classic that I had for 2 years. During that time I bought a 2007 C50T for my current wife and she rode that for about 5 months until a car accident took her off 2 wheels.

In May of this year I sold the Heritage and we bought a 2015 Can Am Spyder ST Limited. Ultimately this will be hers when she is recovered enough to ride regularly. I have been splitting time between the 2 some they both stay in good running order, keep fuel running through etc. I have started to make the C50 a little more "mine" the past few weeks and eventually will probably get a little more involved in MODs such as intake, fuel processor and DJ drive. It has V&H pipes and a Mustang seat now and I put some locking hard bags on although I am not as happy with them as I hoped so I am likely going to put on different bags.

Recovering from what happened took time and I found several different things have helped in the healing. Continuing to ride and work on bikes helps. I have 2 ESA dogs (Coton De Tulears) that are amazing and help me everyday. I remarried an amazing lady who is supportive and understands. and I put thoughts down on paper that eventually turned into a short book. The book is available on Amzon.com as a kindle e-reader (for all platforms) and as a 53 page paperback. I don't make much off book sales at all it was just an outlet originally and then I was able to publish for others to read. I will include a link if anyone is interested. I am by no means a professional writer but the words are all mine and 100% from the heart.

https://www.amazon.com/blink-eye-Jeff-Nichols/dp/1088624170/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=in+the+blink+of+an+eye+jeff+nichols&qid=1572633136&sr=8-1

If anyone happens to buy and read I would appreciate if you left a review on Amazon for others that might be considering it.

Sodapop

·
Super Moderator
20,743 Posts
welcome back...sounds like a lot has changed over the years, but also sounds like you're in a good placed with someone special.

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Has to be a good read. The trials and tribulations of recovering and finding happiness again in life.

·
Super Moderator
25,653 Posts
Wow! Sounds like you've been put through a bit of a trial. Glad to hear you're coming through the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts