Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interesting year 2020 for mc riders across the country...guess if there was one positive that came out of all the craziness was that it really shouldn't have affected ones opportunity to log miles. And yet my worst riding year...no excuses, no job, lots of free time, weather riding friendly for the most part and yet...fewer miles. Go figure.

So needless to say...

1. Ride, ride, and ride some more will be my #1.
2. hopefully be able to attend any planned rallies here in the northeast
3. reride the Blue Ridge, do the Dragon and other great riding roads in that area.
4. mc trip to Prince Edward Island/ Nova Scotia
5. continue to plan lunch meets north, south, east, and west of Ct and hopefully meet new riders.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I bought my 06 in March of 2020 it only had 7100 km on it. I had the thought in the back of my mind that it would be nice if I could double that for 2020, then Covid happened......
My highest kilometre year was 2018, I did a bucket list ride down to Deals Gap and all sorts of amazing roads in that area as well as Virginia, West Virginia, both Carolinas, Georgia and Tennessee. We did the trip in early June and I put on just over 6100 km for the year. 2018 was also the year I was diagnosed with cancer in August and had to park my Volusia in late August for the season, about 2 months earlier than normal.
Back to 2020, my brother in law and I were planning on doing the Superior loop then Covid reared it’s head, borders where closed and we had to go to plan B for our trip in September. We travelled across northern Ontario from Mattawa to the Manitoba border along the Trans Canada Highway then highway 11 back to his place. Total trip of just under 3400 km. At the end of it all I hit my target and put on just over 7100 km for the year.
As for goals for 2021, I’m not sure what to shoot for...... I’m hoping for another bike trip in September with my brother in law. If the border opens up then perhaps we can do the Superior loop. If not then perhaps we will ride from his place near North Bay to the Ottawa area and cover the eastern end on Ontario. Word is there are some nice roads around there and neither of us have had our motorcycles to that area.
We both would like to ride out to Cape Breton Island and ride the Cabot Trail, but that’s not in the cards for this year, but it’s on our Bucket List.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Dennis PEI and Nova Scotia would be NICE!

Reactions: Jerry K

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...hopefully the border will be open for crossing in 2021.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts