Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What are peeps thinking on this shindig?

Massachusetts has several travel restrictions in place, no gatherings over 10 people, quarantines, etc...

To top it off....I'm having to travel into a hot spot the 1st-3rd for work, so I have to quarantine or test negative after I get back. I'm guessing I won't have results until the 6th or 7th.

I know we've had several that have backed out already...what say you....thoughts?

·
Administrator
6,015 Posts
I personally won't back out unless (a) I am then ill, or (b) you call it off. Chris and I wondered if Michelle would be up to it, though. It would be a damn shame to miss seeing all the crowd.

·
Super Moderator
60,463 Posts
I have a room booked but ultimately it's up to you 2. I've seen some here make up rules and excuses as they go along to fit their narrative as to when and why they go where they go. It makes no sense to me as I go where I want when I want. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Paula and I have been talking about this for a week or so now. I think we are going to back out until the environment gets better. We will miss see all our friends it has been a while. But we have to think of my parents. It has been a tough decision and something we are taking lightly. :cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Still going on the Black Friday ride?
That is up in the air too. Also, it seems to be a much smaller group. All decision are set to change day to day.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The virus is in the air. Don't go to work anymore.
I have been working from home for about 90% of the time. I only go in when needed and I do not talk to anyone or get close to anyone. I have not even personally met my teammates yet except on zoom conferences. Only time I or Paula go out is to the store and back. We even stopped going out to eat because it is getting cold out. So, I have been very quiet.

·
Super Moderator
60,463 Posts
I'm essential. Last week I worked at Merck Pharmaceutical., yesterday an Army arsenal, tomorrow 300 miles away at a hospital. I am soooo happy I don't have to stay home.

I love the fact the roads are mostly empty and there are seats inside a restaurant as opposed to eating outside.

Last week a guard at Merck said he had the virus. He said it's half as bad as the flu and lasts twice as long. When I get it I'll see and report if that's true. I believe being out and about keeps up your immune system and sitting at home for months makes you more vulnerable to catch anything.

·
Super Moderator
60,463 Posts
Whatever you and Michelle decide is fine. Don't feel obligated because then it's no fun for you guys either

·
Registered
398 Posts
lori and i are in as long as you'll have us, up here in the northeast its not so scary, outside of vermont is another story. We still have our room booked so ultimately it up to you fine people.....

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What is the cancellation policy on the rooms...how much heads up do they need?

Hate to call it now if things are getting better in a few weeks. I know right now, in our area it's not good....could change.

Also....send out some prayers for a local VR member you all know that has Covid right now.

Not at liberty to give up the name, (not sure if it's on facebook), but they regularly attend the VR Xmas party.

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Administrator
6,015 Posts
Yeah, it's on Facebook. We are all praying for that member.

Cancellation policy at the Holiday inn varies with the rate plan you accepted when you booked. The very cheapest rate is nonrefundable. The rate I booked can be canceled up to three days before arrival.

·
Administrator
16,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ok, if it's on Facebook, please send prayers out for Jeff to beat this sh!tty [email protected]#$ing disease.

Assuming a week is enough notice, (and I need a week for the food ordering), we'll make the decision on December 4th if that works for everyone.

We will not cancel....might be postponed to January or February.

·
Super Moderator
9,010 Posts
Guess we'd have to carpool from the hotel.
Or hope for warm enough weather that we could be outside as well as inside.

Love the hopeful thought that we could postpone instead of cancel this event. That'd be way better than a Zoom party (though a Zoom party with this group has the potential to be pretty hilarious).

Darned right we're praying for Jeff, and Maria too.

Reactions: beezer

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Hello to all our New England VR Family! As things heat up all around the country, we have made the tough decision to stay put in Arizona for both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. It will be our first time away from friends and family and we know it not be the same without all of you in our lives. We are gonna miss the VR festivities this year, but hope to get back to MA at some point this summer. The Volusia is still there and will be one of the last things to come out when I pack up and send my shop west.

Linda and I send our love and warm wishes to you all. Be safe and enjoy the blessing that you have during these strange times.

Ride Safe and Often my Friends!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts