Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Beezer my only point is your politics tend to color everything. If I or other people want to argue politics we can buzz into the Current Events forum. This forum is for general motorcycle discussion. That's it, nothing more.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 1500 lc.great bike.epa killed it and the c90 came out.i gyess they don't need a 1500 and 1800. I hope mines never quits.i love it.suzuki came out with the fat rear tires after that fad was over. my recommendation they aren't interesyed in but I say kill the fat tire.raise the c50 to 1000 ccs to keep yp the xl and scout.redo the c5o motor so it doesn't self destruct at 40,000 miles due to cam chain stretch.

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
Quite frankly I don't think Suzuki ever came to this website to ask or see what the owners want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"C50 not so good on the highway"? Usually a blanket statement like that is followed by IMHO which means the author is not humble. In this case, lacking IMHO, I'd just say nothing wrong with the C50 on the highway. Mine's been on them for 14 years and still going strong. Which would make your opinion. Wrong.

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
"C50 not so good on the highway"? Usually a blanket statement like that is followed by IMHO which means the author is not humble. In this case, lacking IMHO, I'd just say nothing wrong with the C50 on the highway. Mine's been on them for 14 years and still going strong. Which would make your opinion. Wrong.
Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope :p

·
Registered
19,339 Posts
Sure, the bike can run on the highway. It's just not comfortable to do it. When the speed limit gets above 70, the C50 is just out of power. It can DO the speedlimit, but only just. There's no power left to accelerate, or pass. Not to mention at those speeds the vtwin is slinging its pistons at better than 5000 rpm.

I rode mine like that, all over the eastern US for 4 years. When it died, I got a bike with nearly double the displacement - one where I can twist the throttle in 5th gear, going up hill and jump from 70 to 100 in about 5 second. There's no way I would ever go back to trying to do that on an 800cc bike. None.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
I would strongly disagree. Highway performance was one of the biggest reasons I only owned the C50 for about a year. As Skrap says it will do it, but just barely. You are a sitting duck in fast traffic. The suspension can be a little scary at highway speeds and is susceptible to speed wobble. It"s a good entry middleweight for touring country roads.

·
Super Moderator
23,841 Posts
I'm going to agree with others here. If your interpretation of highway is a 55mph speed limit, it's fine, but here in Atlanta where people do 80+, it can be rather scary to try to ride a C50. I rode mine to Birmingham once. I had the throttle pinned almost the entire time trying to stay out of trouble and couldn't pass someone unless I had plenty of room to get by.

·
Registered
19,339 Posts
If you rewind to about 10 years ago, Ron and I were coming home from Washington DC on I68 in Maryland. Just outside of Hancock, the highway begins to climb up Sideling Hill - a 3 mile stretch of about 5-6% grade. We were clipping along at about 65mph, when Ron, twisted his throttle and disappeared up the hill. I down shifted my C50 twice to get it into a high enough gear to actually accelerate up the hill and slowly wound my way up to 80. All the while, my engine was screaming for mercy and vibrating like an epileptic on a paint shaker. This past summer, we reprised that trip, only this time it was me twisting the throttle and disappearing up the hill. I eventually slowed to 120 to let him catch up.

It is nice no longer being the one holding the group up on a ride....

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
If you rewind to about 10 years ago, Ron and I were coming home from Washington DC on I68 in Maryland. Just outside of Hancock, the highway begins to climb up Sideling Hill - a 3 mile stretch of about 5-6% grade. We were clipping along at about 65mph, when Ron, twisted his throttle and disappeared up the hill. I down shifted my C50 twice to get it into a high enough gear to actually accelerate up the hill and slowly wound my way up to 80. All the while, my engine was screaming for mercy and vibrating like an epileptic on a paint shaker. This past summer, we reprised that trip, only this time it was me twisting the throttle and disappearing up the hill. I eventually slowed to 120 to let him catch up.

It is nice no longer being the one holding the group up on a ride....
True story. Mental note: put an end to that nonsense. lol

·
Registered
19,339 Posts
How many miles you getting out of those rear tires on the CTX now? I remember you saying it was hard on them.
The stock Bridgestone and the Dunflop D220 Sportless both lasted about 5000 miles. I have had the Metzler ME880 on it for 2 years now and I need to replace the rear before the end of the year, but I got about 12k miles out of it. I'll probably go with the ME880 again.

·
Super Moderator
4,287 Posts
BP Auto Spares India is a big exporter of Suzuki Spare Parts. We have thoroughly tested and tested all the parts. Those who are more fuel-efficient, can increase the efficiency of your vehicle, which is more important in this high-value era.
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome!

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome!
First post with spam needs a hearty boot in the a$$ - say goodbye spammer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a C50T with the C90 Rear end and it ran quite well for 1 up. With my wife on the back it lacked power in some situations. last year I changed to a newer C90T. It isnt a perfect bike but with some tinkering it runs fine. It needed about 4K miles on it to break in the engine and transmission. The transmission is the weak link in an otherwise good bike. I clunks into and out of gear and the lower gears are wrong for riding in town. but on the highway the bike is sweet. after all it is a cruiser. A fuel injection controller brought the engine to life for me. The C90 is the only metric cruiser i would have bought. So I'll probably keep my eyes out for a good used one in the future just for fun. Yes i think Suzuki is throwing in the towel on cruisers after milking the line for all they could.

George

·
Registered
401 Posts
True story. Mental note: put an end to that nonsense. lol
Indian has a new fixed fairing bike that may solve your problem. Couldn't help it. I've looked at and sat on one, but have so far managed to not test ride one. For fear of needing a new mistress in my life - Dan

61 - 80 of 88 Posts