Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
I never joined the Victory camp. They could have been the best motorcycles on the planet, curing both ED and baldness and I still wouldn't have bought one. I rode an example of every generation and always found they were lacking... Mostly, I couldn't get past the styling. Too avant garde for me, though I understand the desire to market something DIFFERENT than a Harley. I think the Indian is hands down the better bike, love the styling and I WILL own one, at some point in the near future.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Duly read. Didn't tell me anything I hadn't heard before, Ron.

If Polaris has finally learned how to run a motorcycle company, well, hooray for it.

Kinda hard luck on the dealerships that went out of business, like the one nearest me, Zach's V-Twin in Hyde Park, when they weren't permitted the privilege of dealing the new brand.

I still see no significant new technology or design in Indian motorcycles that wasn't there in Victory motorcycles, at a more affordable price point.

I've repeatedly examined, sat on, and kicked the tires of both brands in the showroom, and nothing about Indian made me feel like it was greatly different or advanced to merit the price increase. I'm not so bedazzled by valanced fenders and a brand name that I'd pay thousands more for 'em.

Jay and I are in the same camp over this; Polaris has squandered our trust.

Interesting, I test rode several Victories, they handled well, had good power but they always felt awkward to me. I could never get past the looks. The Indians on the other hand, when I test rode them I walked away thinking I could replace my Harley with this bike. There is a lot to like. They handle really well, have a low center of gravity, power to spare, are pretty good looking, and are comfortable in the saddle. It doesn't hurt that the dealer is down the street from me. On the other hand, I have an itch to get a BMW next so we will see. Gasp, I have been riding a Harley for fourteen years now. I feel like it's time to move onto something else.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
I love my Victory, and I would love to get a Indian Springfield.... unfortunately, Polaris will never get a red cent out of me ever again based on what they did with Victory. How could I trust them not to do the same to Indian someday.
So Capt, is Polaris (or any other company) supposed to keep a failing business running? Personally, I feel like Polaris gave Victory a long runway to succeed and the brand didn't. It was time to cut their losses and move on. .02 done.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I say to each their own!
As long as you're riding....good for you.
My personal opinion, I liked Victory. Was sad to see them go.
But I still feel the Japanese bikes are by far the best value per dollar.
I've owned Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki. Liked them all very much.
Wind therapy is what it's all about.
Ride Safe and Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
23,853 Posts
Interesting, I test rode several Victories, they handled well, had good power but they always felt awkward to me. I could never get past the looks. The Indians on the other hand, when I test rode them I walked away thinking I could replace my Harley with this bike. There is a lot to like. They handle really well, have a low center of gravity, power to spare, are pretty good looking, and are comfortable in the saddle. It doesn't hurt that the dealer is down the street from me. On the other hand, I have an itch to get a BMW next so we will see. Gasp, I have been riding a Harley for fourteen years now. I feel like it's time to move onto something else.
I agree. The only Victory I ever rode was the Empulse, the electric model. It was a very cool ride. As for the rest of the Victory lineup, I was never a fan of the looks. They were very polarizing. Either people loved the looks or hated them. I don't think I've ever heard anyone on the fence about them.

I got the chance to ride a Chieftan, and it was a stellar bike. Great handling, smooth power delivery, and fairly comfortable. As I recall, the handlebars felt a bit too far forward for me, but a set of risers would easily fix that. About the only reason I didn't ride one home was the pricetag. I may have caviar taste, but I definitely have a bolgna budget. :grin2:

I do love my RT though. You really should give BMW a chance if you go shopping. Mine is 20 years old now and still rides great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own a 2006 M50 and a 2017 Indian Springfield. Love them both, but the Springfield gets most of my attention.

Indian is doing fine.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
I say to each their own!
As long as you're riding....good for you.
My personal opinion, I liked Victory. Was sad to see them go.
But I still feel the Japanese bikes are by far the best value per dollar.
I've owned Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki. Liked them all very much.
Wind therapy is what it's all about.
Ride Safe and Enjoy!
I have never cared what anybody rode, to each their own. Although aI was sure happy when Skrap upgraded to his CTX 1300.

·
Super Moderator
23,853 Posts
Ride whatever you want... as long as it isn't a Harley.

I'm kidding. Harleys are good bikes. If you like it, ride it.

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
I have never cared what anybody rode, to each their own. Although aI was sure happy when Skrap upgraded to his CTX 1300.
LOL. You cared bunches when I was on my C50 and you'd have to pull over, drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette and build a model ship out of match sticks inside a bottle while waiting for me to catch up......

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Beeper is it really too much to ask you to keep the politics in the appropriate forum?

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
No. Now go get yourself one of the last C90's available since this is a Suzuki forum. You know they're going to be a collector's item.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
No. Now go get yourself one of the last C90's available since this is a Suzuki forum. You know they're going to be a collector's item.
Hmm, a mod and hardcore Harley advocate and rider comes back with this? I would point out this is technically Suzuki Volusia forum. What is there maybe one or two “Volusia” riders on this forum today? That being said, as people have moved on to other rides they have always been welcome to stay and discuss them. Politics have not been welcome in any forum. It’s why we created the current events forum. To keep politics from spilling into other forums. There was a lot of member banning that went on over this topic years ago.

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
I'm driving now so I don't have time to read that essay but it was just an analogy Ron even if it is true about Hillary.

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
Okay traffic slow down and I read your essay. I'm not necessarily a hardcore Harley Advocate I just like having fun. People can take it for what it's worth. I do analogies and that one seemed to fit very well

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
Well truth be told I generally do whatever I want anyway. I learned a long time ago not to let people dictate to me.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts