Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Doing better than she has since before Thanksgiving today, thanks for checking, Dennis, but her second chemo treatment is tomorrow. We're on the last of the recovery days. Moving forward, she'll have a treatment every other Tuesday for the next 10 weeks. Based on what they've told us, she should have her 6th treatment on March 2nd, and at some point after that they'll give her another scan to see if the tumor has shrunk enough to remove. When we talked to them on 12/17, it sounded like they were planning to move her to radiation after that if it didn't shrink, but we got a notice from the insurance and the chemotherapist is asking for approval for 12 treatments, so they may be planning to do another 6 chemo treatments. I guess I'll press them for clarification and specifics when we hit mid-February. Until then, the rollercoaster is in motion, so please keep all hands and feet inside of the car.

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
My wife is currently in for her second treatment, but I took her and stayed to meet with the nurse before they started the treatment. It was really nice to finally be included in the conversation.

One thing that had me super worried was looking at her blood panels for her liver. On 12/17 her ALT and AST numbers were at 427 and 294, respectively. The normal range for ALT is 13-39 and AST is 7-52, so you can imagine how unnerving it was to see her that far out of whack. Well, I don't have the exact numbers yet, but the nurse said that she is back into normal range on both. All of her other numbers were looking good too and she was feeling pretty good this morning.

We'll see how she feels in a couple of days, after the happy juice they pump her up with wears off, but so far things are encouraging. Thanks for all of the prayers.

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Just read up on this forum and just wanted to offer some prayers for you buddy.
Thank you. That is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just got back from picking my wife up at chemo. It appears that the "cold therapy" worked on her cold sensitivity. She held onto frozen water bottles while getting the drug that causes it and her hands are fine. She said she ran out of ice to eat about halfway through, so her throat is bothering her, but it isn't as bad as last time. That's a good thing. She did develop some muscle spasms in her calves and face this time though. Hopefully that clears up fairly quickly. We'll see how things develop over the rest of the week though.

Two treatments down and four to go. 1/3 of the way there.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Celebrate the small victories. They lead to a campaign that winds up winning the war. Glad to hear some of her issues are getting better. Hang in there, both of you. My brother used to say, " I love the smell of chemo in the morning. Smells like..... Victory."

·
Registered
21,470 Posts
That's good news. Keep piling up the small victories and the war will be won down the road. Prayers continue to flow your way brother.

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Thanks for checking, Beez. She's pretty rough today. Having some muscle pain, a headache, and really tired. I feel really bad for her. It isn't as bad as it could be, and I know that it's going to get better over the next few days though. I'll just have to try to spoil her a bit extra in the meantime.

·
Registered
21,470 Posts
I know who the beautiful wife is but who's the sweet monkey????🤔🤔🤔

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

·
Super Moderator
27,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
On Friday night, at dinner, my wife started complaining that her scalp was tender, like she had a sunburn on it. Yesterday morning she took a shower. The drain was clear when she started and by the time she was done it looked like she hadn't cleaned it in 2 weeks. She had hair all over her when she toweled off. I was hoping that she would be lucky enough to avoid the hair loss, but alas, it appears that it's happening.

As side effects go, this is really minor, but once she loses her hair she'll have a constant reminder of what she's going through and that makes me sad. We'll get through though. Whatever it takes to get her healthy again.

·
Super Moderator
22,034 Posts
lets hope the hair loss will be the worst of it...hope she's having a good day today.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts