Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
761 - 780 of 807 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,380 Posts
This means that she's back on chemo Tuesday, but at least we got to enjoy Thanksgiving.
Glad you did enjoy, brother. I thought about both of you over the holiday.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #763 ·
I'm seriously freaking out a bit now. Got my wife's CA19-9 from yesterday. It was 65 two weeks ago, which was concerning because the highest it had ever been was 69 when she was first diagnosed a year ago.

It was 171. 😱😭

Here's what the history chart now looks like.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

I would seriously be losing it if she hadn't just had a CT scan a week ago that showed no growth of anything, but this is really scary. Any prayers, karma, blessings, or whatever are seriously appreciated right now.

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
sorry to hear this...prayers prayers and more prayers heading her way...stay strong and try to turn it over to the only ONE who can help.

·
Super Moderator
9,380 Posts
On the case for you both, brother!

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #767 ·
Prayers coming - but, what does that number mean?
Sorry, I meant to explain that. I'm a bit scatter brained right now. It's the tumor marker for pancreatic cancer. It's a substance produced by cancer cells, or by normal cells in response to cancer. You can think of it like looking at white blood cell counts to determine if someone has an infection. A high number isn't necessarily indicative of anything, but an upward trend is a sign that chemo isn't working and cancer is spreading.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Prayers up buddy!!

·
Administrator
55,991 Posts
Adding to the prayer bundle!

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
One year ago today, at this time, I was walking into the office and thinking about any wife. She had nausea and Jaundice, and I was worried that she wouldn't go to the Dr like she promised she would. Little did I know that our lives would be forever changed over the next 8 hours. 😔

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It has been an "interesting" ride and from what I have read from you and about you. She has the GREATEST partner in the world to take this trip with. I do not know if it is my age or what, but this last year. I have met and read about some amazing people who are either struggling with medical issues or supporting people with medical issues and through the pain and struggles I see some amazing love and support. When the news of the day seems so hard and cold. I pray thanks for the people like you Whiskey and Tanya and all the others and remember, there is true love in this world.
Thank you for sharing your life with me/us.
My father who says the Rosary three times a day has a list on his lap and as he prays he reads and remembers those people. You are on that list. As a matter of fact, he asked me yesterday. How is Tanya and I said... the same. You know, I should say, Wonderful, she has a great support group, many people praying for her and above all an awesome man that she can lean on for support.

Merry Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
how is she doing and have they taken another cat scan to see if that number came back to where it had been?

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
No scan since her CA19-9 skyrocketed. She's got chemo scheduled on Tuesday and we'll talk to the oncologist then about the numbers. She's hurting pretty bad right now in her back and abdomen. She came into my office this morning, crying. Apparently, I slept through most of it, but she was up all-night last night with the pain. Of course, I cancelled the meetings I could and came upstairs to work from the bedroom to be with her. We think it might be her period, which has been murder since she was put on blood thinners. At least, I'm hoping that's what it is. If it is, it'll go away in the next day or so. She did have an ultrasound done yesterday by the cardiologist and they took her off of the blood thinners and put her on a low dose aspirin regimen instead. Really hoping that makes her feel better. Sadly, there's not much I can do right now but pray and try to keep her as comfortable as possible.

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
sorry to hear of all the discomfort she is going thru.

·
Administrator
6,175 Posts
It must hurt like crazy to be unable to do much. Prayers and karma for you, Whiskey.

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #779 ·
It does, and thank you. 🙏💜

761 - 780 of 807 Posts