Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
741 - 760 of 772 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
55,766 Posts
Both You and the Mrs are courageous folks.
God Bless!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #747 ·
Chemo got cancelled today. We met with the oncologist and he's apparently as concerned about her back/hip pain as I am. Mixed with the rising tumor marker, he felt like there was a real possibility that the chemo she's on isn't working, so we decided to hold until we get some answers from some imaging. If the chemo isn't doing anything to the cancer, there's no reason to put her through the side effects. She's got a PET/CT scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, but I think we're still waiting on insurance approval, so there's a chance it may not happen.

I'm way too anxious right now. I feel like I could use a shot of my namesake or a walk with Beezer, but there's just too much to do. Hopefully we'll catch a break soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·
Just got off the phone with the insurance company. Looks like they're not going to approve the PET scan. We talked with the Dr about this today and he'll probably request an MRI instead. Not as good, but it'll get us some answers. The downside is that we don't have that on the schedule, so it means waiting longer for those answers.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·
A lot happened today and it took a while for the dust to settle. She's got an MRI first thing in the morning, followed by a 2:00 with the oncologist to discuss the results, plus they scheduled a CT for Monday. Hopefully we'll have some answers by the end of the day tomorrow.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #754 ·
MRI done and reviewed with the Dr. I don't understand everything in it yet, haven't had time to actually read it, but no signs of cancer in her hip/lower back. The Dr said it was basically just arthritis causing the pain.

We still have a CT scheduled for Monday to check the lung nodules and lymph nodes to determine if the chemo is working or not.

Next chemo is scheduled for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I think we're going to try to ignore the scan results until the Monday after and try to enjoy this holiday break.

Thanks for all of the love and prayers. 🙏💜
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #758 ·
Finally read the CT results from Monday. Not great, but good. Basically, nothing has changed. A very few nodules and lymph nodes have shrunk by a mm or so, but most show no change. That means that the chemo is, at least, preventing things from getting worse.

The alternative to the folfirinox chemo that she's on is Gemzar and Abraxane, which may help better if we switch to it, but there's apparently a national shortage of Abraxane right now, so we'll likely stick to the folfirinox for a while.

This means that she's back on chemo Tuesday, but at least we got to enjoy Thanksgiving.
 
741 - 760 of 772 Posts
Top