Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
721 - 740 of 772 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
sux big time on what happened and once again a mistake that should not have happened especially considering it was discussed right before the procedure was to be performed... so how soon before she has to go back to have it done correctly?....give her a big hug from us and will keep the prayers flowing her way.

·
Registered
22,699 Posts
WOW, I understand that mistakes happen, but after checking with the Dr.? That shouldn't happen. If he changed his mind, he needed to inform you.
Prayers up.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
sux big time on what happened and once again a mistake that should not have happened especially considering it was discussed right before the procedure was to be performed... so how soon before she has to go back to have it done correctly?....give her a big hug from us and will keep the prayers flowing her way.
We'll evaluate whether another biopsy needs to be done after her CT scan in December. I'm going to pray that the nodules resolve and there's nothing to biopsy by then.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·
Got my wife's CA19-9 (tumor marker) number from yesterday. Not good. She's up to 58. This is the second highest it has ever been. The only time it has tested higher was the day she was diagnosed, when it was 69. When this number trends down it means that the treatment is likely working and the cancer is under control. When it trends up... well... it means the exact opposite.

I could really use whatever prayers, karma, juju, or anything else you've got. 😢🙏💜

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Sorry to hear this buddy. Prayers up!!!!

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #736 ·
She's been having constant pain in her right hip and lower back. I'm worried that it might be bone metastasis or a tumor pressing on a nerve, because the pain doesn't seem to change.

Talked with the oncologist Thursday and we've got a CT/PET scan scheduled for Wednesday, assuming we can get the insurance to approve it. We're hoping to get some answers soon.

The original plan was chemo until a scan on December, but if there's a tumor growing while she's on the chemo, it seems to me that the chemo isn't working. I don't want her to suffer through that for no reason and I'd rather not waste time shifting treatment to something that might actually work.

She's keeping her spirits up for the most part and I'm praying as much as I can. There's not much else we can do.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
She's been having constant pain in her right hip and lower back. I'm worried that it might be bone metastasis or a tumor pressing on a nerve, because the pain doesn't seem to change.

Talked with the oncologist Thursday and we've got a CT/PET scan scheduled for Wednesday, assuming we can get the insurance to approve it. We're hoping to get some answers soon.

The original plan was chemo until a scan on December, but if there's a tumor growing while she's on the chemo, it seems to me that the chemo isn't working. I don't want her to suffer through that for no reason and I'd rather not waste time shifting treatment to something that might actually work.

She's keeping her spirits up for the most part and I'm praying as much as I can. There's not much else we can do.
Still praying for both of you Whiskey. I and Gwen had hoped to stop in and meet you guys. We were gonna head back south on the Harley, after the now infamous Florida trip. Maybe next spring God willing.:)

Reactions: Whiskey
721 - 740 of 772 Posts