Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
701 - 720 of 772 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Happy Birthday Tanya. May you be blessed with many more!!!

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Prayers up. For a painless procedure.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
I'm afraid that even if the biopsy comes back negative, it doesn't mean good news. They did a biopsy on one lymph node. The PET scan mentions 7 specific lymph nodes, but it's clear that there are more, plus a lung nodule, her liver, and her surgical bed. I do appreciate the prayers though.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #710 ·
Pathology didn't take as long as I expected.

SURGICAL PATHOLOGY-KH REPORT
Final Diagnosis:
RETROPERITONEUM LYMPH NODE, NEEDLE CORE BIOPSY:
FIBROMUSCULAR ADIPOSE TISSUE WITH SMALL LYMPHOID AGGREGATE.

Pathologist's Comment:
The material submitted is negative for carcinoma.
Honestly, I'm not sure how to take this. I mean, it's what you want to see on a pathology report. Right? The problem is that this was just one lymph node out of a number that lit up in the PET scan, and there is still those lung nodules that showed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm still scared at the same time.

She goes in for infusion next Tuesday. We'll talk to the oncologist then and see what the plan is now. I'm assuming we'll keep going with the chemo until her CT scan that is scheduled for 11/19, and I'll keep praying that it comes back clean. In the meantime, thank you for the prayers and support. 🙏💜

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Pathology didn't take as long as I expected.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to take this. I mean, it's what you want to see on a pathology report. Right? The problem is that this was just one lymph node out of a number that lit up in the PET scan, and there is still those lung nodules that showed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm still scared at the same time.

She goes in for infusion next Tuesday. We'll talk to the oncologist then and see what the plan is now. I'm assuming we'll keep going with the chemo until her CT scan that is scheduled for 11/19, and I'll keep praying that it comes back clean. In the meantime, thank you for the prayers and support. 🙏💜
Your waiting for the other shoe to drop..Sometimes it doesn't!!! Prayers up buddy. Thankful for the good news.!!!

Reactions: BigBert and Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
I'm assuming we'll keep going with the chemo until her CT scan that is scheduled for 11/19, and I'll keep praying that it comes back clean.
I think you're probably quite right, here.

<<HUGS>> and love to you both. :)

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
It’s one more victory for Tanya!!!
I’ll keep praying for her, you and the children and I may need to hit Dairy Queen tomorrow to celebrate!!
Just don't go blaming me when you find that your pants are shrinking in the laundry, man. 😋

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #718 ·
The last infusion hit her hard, and she's just getting over it. She decided that she was going to refuse chemo this time. We went into the oncologist this morning, ready to tell them no and they told us no. Tanya's white blood cell count was too low for infusion, so she gets another week to recover and we'll try again next Tuesday.

We did find out something else today though, but to share that, I have to go back to last Monday.

As I've shared, Tanya went in for them to biopsy a lymph node last Monday. While we were prepping, the technician said that she would have to be on her stomach for the procedure because they would be inserting the needle through her back. I asked why they were going in through her back to get to a lymph node under her clavicle and was told that they were going to biopsy her left retroperitoneal lymph node, which is in the neighborhood of her kidney.

I told them that when we discussed it with the oncologist, we agreed to biopsy the right supraclavicular lymph node because it was the furthest one from the site of all of the infections she had and would be least likely to just have an infection in it. The technician excused herself to talk with the doctor and verify before proceeding. She left the room for 20-30 minutes and came back. She told us that she had verified with the doctor that it needed to be the right retroperitoneal and we agreed to continue, thinking that the oncologist had changed his mind after our discussion.

Today, we talked to the oncologist's PA and are told us that they did a biopsy on the wrong lymph node. 😡

I have no idea what doctor the technician talked to, but it apparently wasn't our oncologist or his PA. I'm not sure where the wires got crossed, but the more I think about it, the more pissed I am that they wasted an entire day of our lives and put my wife through all of that for absolutely nothing.

I've actually filed a formal complaint with the state hospital board, as I feel like this deserves to be investigated to determine where things went off of the rails. It wasn't a major mistake for us, as the oncologist is processing as though it's metastasis regardless of the biopsy result, but it could be a serious mistake for another patient.

For now, I guess we'll enjoy another week without chemo and pray that her WBC count goes up on its own. I don't want her to have to get shots of Neulasta again. When they have her that in the hospital it caused major pain in her hips and thighs, although it did an amazing job at bringing up her WBC count.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hang in there Tanya, and Whiskey. Still praying for you both.

701 - 720 of 772 Posts