Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
681 - 700 of 717 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Prayers up Whiskey....Tell her she's your squeeze.;)

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
not to drift from the thread, but again, these kind of situations do serve as a reminder to value and cherish, not just every day, but every moment, to appreciate those special people GOD has put in our lives.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
not to drift from the thread, but again, these kind of situations do serve as a reminder to value and cherish, not just every day, but every moment, to appreciate those special people GOD has put in our lives.
Amen

Oh Whiskey, give a little squeeze to Tanya from me. If you want to get handsy... I gather that is okay? I am not Dennis. 🤣

• Haha

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 · (Edited)
Amen

Oh Whiskey, give a little squeeze to Tanya from me. If you want to get handsy... I gather that is okay? I am not Dennis. 🤣
I'll grab one boob for you and the other for Beezer. I'm opportunistic and will take any excuse I can get. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
You're not really drifting. If this thread makes you hug your loved one and tell them you love them more often, I'll feel like it's purpose is served. 💜

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 ·
Had a follow up with the infectious disease doctor this morning. Asked her if the stuff from the PET scan might be from the infection and she said she was pretty sure it wasn't. We're trying to get the biopsy scheduled, but we have to schedule it around chemo. I was really hoping that the infectious disease doctor would say that it might be the infection, but at this point, I think there's about a 90% chance that it's metastasis. 😔

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Sorry buddy. Still praying.

Had a follow up with the infectious disease doctor this morning. Asked her if the stuff from the PET scan might be from the infection and she said she was pretty sure it wasn't. We're trying to get the biopsy scheduled, but we have to schedule it around chemo. I was really hoping that the infectious disease doctor would say that it might be the infection, but at this point, I think there's about a 90% chance that it's metastasis. 😔

·
Registered
587 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
We met with the actual oncologist this morning for the first time since the PET scan. We've only met with his PA until now. The oncologist basically said that the only reason he wanted the biopsy on Monday was to harvest tissue for potential testing. He said that we would proceed with chemo for another 3 rounds and then do another scan to see if things are improving.

This is pretty much the way I've been thinking since we got the CT scan, but my wife has been holding onto hope that it was something other than cancer, so she hasn't been willing to tell anyone about the scans. Now that she's heard this from the oncologist, she finally agreed to let her mother know. Tanya is currently at chemo and the boys are at school, so, with her permission, I went ahead and told her mom that the cancer was back.

She held me and cried when I told her. She said that Tanya had been looking so good since she got here that she was so hopeful that we were through this and Tanya was going to get better. My heart is so broken right now. It's hard enough to face something like this with your wife, but to have to tell a mother that her daughter still has cancer... 💔😭

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
We met with the actual oncologist this morning for the first time since the PET scan. We've only met with his PA until now. The oncologist basically said that the only reason he wanted the biopsy on Monday was to harvest tissue for potential testing. He said that we would proceed with chemo for another 3 rounds and then do another scan to see if things are improving.

This is pretty much the way I've been thinking since we got the CT scan, but my wife has been holding onto hope that it was something other than cancer, so she hasn't been willing to tell anyone about the scans. Now that she's heard this from the oncologist, she finally agreed to let her mother know. Tanya is currently at chemo and the boys are at school, so, with her permission, I went ahead and told her mom that the cancer was back.

She held me and cried when I told her. She said that Tanya had been looking so good since she got here that she was so hopeful that we were through this and Tanya was going to get better. My heart is so broken right now. It's hard enough to face something like this with your wife, but to have to tell a mother that her daughter still has cancer... 💔😭
I'm very sorry you had to do that. There is probably nothing worse, than having to tell a parent, that their child is seriously ill. No matter the age of the child, or the parent. Praying for you all.

·
Registered
587 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Had to run into the city today to pickup my new glasses and when I returned to town I happened across this place.
To Tanya and her mom, may they and their families continue to be in our prayers.
I hope everyone is having a good day!!

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #696 ·
Tanya seems to be doing better this time than last. She was talking with the nurse, and apparently they haven't adjusted her chemo dosage since it was first prescribed in December. She's lost 15% of her body weight since then. It seems like she may have been being overdosed since she started back on chemo after surgery.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Tanya seems to be doing better this time than last. She was talking with the nurse, and apparently they haven't adjusted her chemo dosage since it was first prescribed in December. She's lost 15% of her body weight since then. It seems like she may have been being overdosed since she started back on chemo after surgery.
I'm glad she is handling it better this time. Amazing how they can forget little things, like adjusting your chemo dose to your current weight. The Doctors inattention to these little details astounds me. It also angers me.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
Today is Tanya's birthday. Not just any birthday. She turns 50 today.

·
Administrator
6,145 Posts
Today is Tanya's birthday. Not just any birthday. She turns 50 today.
Normally I would make the weak joke "Welcome to L," but maybe under the circumstances a mere Happy Birthday is in order.

681 - 700 of 717 Posts