Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
661 - 680 of 717 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
still believing in the power of prayer...more headed to the both of you.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
I've been up since 4am, despite taking a dose of NyQuil to help me sleep. I'm so nervous about talking to the Dr this morning. I was hoping that we only had 4 more chemo sessions, but for the first time since her diagnosis, I don't feel like there's an end in sight. 😔

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
My prayers are up for you both, as we speak.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
Met with the oncologist. They are fairly certain it's metastatic, but want to get confirmation before moving forward. They want to biopsy the nodule in her left lung that lit up, but said the risk of collapsing the lung is too high to do that. They're going to do a biopsy of her left subclavian lymph node instead. At this point, it would be a miracle if it isn't metastatic.

Pancreatic cancer has a 10% 5-year survival rate and a 74% recurrence rate after resection, so I've always been prepared for this to happen, but I was praying as hard as I could that she could get a break from the chemo for a while. 6 months? Maybe a year? Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't going to happen. For the foreseeable future, she'll be on chemo every other week and we'll be praying that it keeps things in check.

I have heard from a number of people who have gone for years on chemo. It isn't the future I would have asked for, but as long as it's a future, I guess I'll settle for it. She's doing good right now and we're still able to enjoy life in between treatments, so I guess I'll just be praying that we can maintain that for a long time. Who knows? With my family's history of heart disease and cancer, she may still outlive me.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Whiskey I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm still praying for you both.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
Whiskey I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm still praying for you both.
And I'm praying for you and your wife. For better or worse; in sickness and in health. Right? 🙏💜

·
Registered
587 Posts
I’m not a gifted writer and often have trouble writing in such a way as to say what I mean clearly, but I shall try.

Growing up in an abusive home, having had a couple near death experiences and then having my own battle with cancer I’ve come to realize that right now, this very moment is a gift. We have no idea what is going to happen in 5 minutes let alone tomorrow or next week. Yes, there are events that will help shed light on what is to come at some point down the road and at a future point we will need to deal with whatever that event is.
That is why I tell and show my wife, children and family that I love and cherish them because in 5 minutes I may not have the chance.
Whiskey and Nate, I know it’s virtually impossible to not think about the future but please try to not let it cloud over your here and now, please try to cherish it.
We will all keep praying for you and your family and try to take comfort in knowing that we are all thinking and praying and will be here for all of you.
Life is our mortal journey, try to take is slow and cherish to good parts because in 5 minutes……….

I’m not entirely certain I expressed myself clearly but hopefully everyone will be able to understand what I was trying to say.

Hopefully this doesn’t come across as a thread high jack, I’m just trying to share a hard lesson learned and give some comfort.

I think I’ll go say a prayer now…….,
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
I’m not a gifted writer and often have trouble writing in such a way as to say what I mean clearly, but I shall try.

Growing up in an abusive home, having had a couple near death experiences and then having my own battle with cancer I’ve come to realize that right now, this very moment is a gift. We have no idea what is going to happen in 5 minutes let alone tomorrow or next week. Yes, there are events that will help shed light on what is to come at some point down the road and at a future point we will need to deal with whatever that event is.
That is why I tell and show my wife, children and family that I love and cherish them because in 5 minutes I may not have the chance.
Whiskey and Nate, I know it’s virtually impossible to not think about the future but please try to not let it cloud over your here and now, please try to cherish it.
We will all keep praying for you and your family and try to take comfort in knowing that we are all thinking and praying and will be here for all of you.
Life is our mortal journey, try to take is slow and cherish to good parts because in 5 minutes……….

I’m not entirely certain I expressed myself clearly but hopefully everyone will be able to understand what I was trying to say.

Hopefully this doesn’t come across as a thread high jack, I’m just trying to share a hard lesson learned and give some comfort.

I think I’ll go say a prayer now…….,
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Well said! 💜💜💜💜

I agree completely. Having my wife be diagnosed with one of the most lethal cancers known to man at the age of 49 really opened my eyes to that. I spent years telling myself "when the kids are grown" or "after I get my retirement built up." I had all kinds of excuses for why NOW wasn't the right time to do something and believing that the future was a priority. Now I realize that the present is the priority and tomorrow isn't guaranteed, no matter how young you are.

All of my priorities have changed. I always made sure to tell my wife and kids I loved them before I left them, because I knew there was always the minor chance I may not see them again, but now I tell them so much that I feel like I'm becoming annoying... and I don't care if I am. Every second counts.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
hope today is a good day for her...give her a hug from everyone at Vol...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Whiskey, etal... who read this.. as Jerry K so eloquently stated my words will never express my thoughts and the heart ache with what you and others have to deal with. I quietly pray that all will work out the way it needs to and some how, we will get by and understand it with time.
My wife and I are going on a pilgrimage in the next couple of days and will will take your names and causes to every cathedral and holy place we go to. Each day, we will be celebrating Mass at a different place and the priest (who is a biker, but rides a Harley bobber) asks for names and causes. I will definitely make sure your wife, you and your whole family is on that list.
Please know, I do not post often because I am always a loss for words. But I, my wife, father and mother do pray everyday for you and a lot of others on this site that have been going through tough times right now. Thank you for keeping us updated when you can. Your thoughts and feelings has made a great impression on me and my relationship with my wife. There were times, that I probably have taken advantage of her good nature and easy going attitude. But because of your experience, you have helped me to be a better husband and more conscience of her and grateful for being with her each and everyday.
Some day, I hope to be able to thank you in person.
God's Blessings to you, your wife and family

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
hope today is a good day for her...give her a hug from everyone at Vol...
The chemo has hit her pretty hard this time, but we're getting through it. She's sleeping right now, but she usually gives me a big smile when I give her a hug and tell her the monkey told me to do it. I'll make sure she gets one when she wakes up.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
Whiskey, etal... who read this.. as Jerry K so eloquently stated my words will never express my thoughts and the heart ache with what you and others have to deal with. I quietly pray that all will work out the way it needs to and some how, we will get by and understand it with time.
My wife and I are going on a pilgrimage in the next couple of days and will will take your names and causes to every cathedral and holy place we go to. Each day, we will be celebrating Mass at a different place and the priest (who is a biker, but rides a Harley bobber) asks for names and causes. I will definitely make sure your wife, you and your whole family is on that list.
Please know, I do not post often because I am always a loss for words. But I, my wife, father and mother do pray everyday for you and a lot of others on this site that have been going through tough times right now. Thank you for keeping us updated when you can. Your thoughts and feelings has made a great impression on me and my relationship with my wife. There were times, that I probably have taken advantage of her good nature and easy going attitude. But because of your experience, you have helped me to be a better husband and more conscience of her and grateful for being with her each and everyday.
Some day, I hope to be able to thank you in person.
God's Blessings to you, your wife and family
Thank you. I appreciate all of the love and prayers. I'll try not to hold it against the priest for riding a Harley bobber. 😉

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thank you the up date Whiskey. You and your family are some of the people who have been in my thoughts today as I’ve been working on my house.
Big Bert, if I knew how to hit the love button instead of like I would have.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
Thank you the up date Whiskey. You and your family are some of the people who have been in my thoughts today as I’ve been working on my house.
Big Bert, if I knew how to hit the love button instead of like I would have.
Thank you. Also, click/press and hold the like button. 😉

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
Gave her a hug and told her it was from the monkey. She smiled.

Gave her a big kiss, squeezed her butt, and told her it was from me. She rolled her eyes.

I guess she's feeling a bit more normal after her nap. 🤷‍♂️

661 - 680 of 717 Posts