Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
641 - 660 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
One day at a time. Enjoy today together as much as you are able.
Beezer is a smart man. Did I actually say that? Enjoy each other today. Live every day like it is your last. Do not worry about tomorrow.
I have been quietly praying for you, your family, man all of the Volusia family. Seems like we are all dealing with one demon or another.

Reactions: beezer and Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
We just talked with the oncologist. They can't rule out metastasis, but they can't biopsy any of the nodules because they are too small. They are ordering a PET scan for this week, hoping to have the results before her biopsy next Tuesday.

She has now had a CT scan where they found lesions on her liver "consistent with metastatic disease", her tumor marker jumped to the highest it's been since she was diagnosed in December, and another CT scan where they found nodules in her lungs "consistent with metastatic disease." At this point, I don't see how there's any other explanation than that the cancer has spread into her lungs and liver.

With pancreatic cancer, I've always known we weren't going to beat it, but I was hoping we could get some time of remission to breath and enjoy. It doesn't look like even that is going to happen now. We're both devastated. 😢

·
Registered
20,695 Posts
Oh, Damn...... I am so so sorry to read this.....

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
so sorry to read this also...hopefully more parers will help somehow...wish there was more we all could do for the both of you.

·
Registered
22,562 Posts
Prayers will always flow to you both. It's a hard pill to swallow. Don't give up just yet, stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know it’s hard but try and focus on the now.
What will happen in the future is an unknown and a mystery to us. There will be time to focus on test results another day when you know what those results are.
Please give each other hugs from all of us!!
Continuing thoughts and prayers from my end.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Thanks guys. I'm trying my best to remain hopeful, but it's hard to do.

·
Super Moderator
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
I know it’s hard but try and focus on the now.
What will happen in the future is an unknown and a mystery to us. There will be time to focus on test results another day when you know what those results are.
Please give each other hugs from all of us!!
Continuing thoughts and prayers from my end.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Now you've gone and done it. She's going to start expecting me to give her flowers now.

Flower Plant Petal Creative arts Flower Arranging

Seriously though, they're beautiful and she loves them. You definitely brought a smile to her face today. Thank you, brother. 💜

·
Registered
587 Posts
Now you've gone and done it. She's going to start expecting me to give her flowers now.

View attachment 148214

Seriously though, they're beautiful and she loves them. You definitely brought a smile to her face today. Thank you, brother. 💜
You are both very welcome, glad to hear she loves them.
The best part for me is the smile on her face.
Today is a gift, enjoy it together.
I would also like to say thank you to Dennis for helping me make the special delivery happen. Thanks Dennis, I owe you several bananas!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Again, I'm very sorry to hear this Whiskey. And again, I feel for your wife and you. Prayers up buddy..... Prayers up.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
while I tend to refer to the BIG RIDER IN THE SKY usually in a more humorous reference, in this case, I'm going to have to trust HE will do what HE has to do...its in HIS hands and you have to keep the faith HE"LL be with her thru this. Meanwhile we'll continue to send the prayers. Hug to the both of you.

·
Super Moderator
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
PET scan scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Based on what I got from the oncologist, if they light up they're cancer, but because they're so small, if they don't light up they may still be cancer. It's gonna be a really long wait until we see the oncologist on Tuesday. 😔

Thanks for all of the love and prayers. It truly is appreciated more than you guys can imagine.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Still praying for you're wife and you. Keep your head up brother. I know it's tough.

·
Super Moderator
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
So we got the PET scan results as quickly as we got home today. The PET scan works because things in your body that are in a "hypermetabolic state" will absorb the contrast at a higher rate than the tissue around it, making it glow. Cancer is hypermetabolic, but infections can create a hypermetabolic state also.

The results were not good.

They found hypermetabolic activity in multiple lymph nodes, one of the nodules in the lower left lung, in the left lobe of her liver, and in the surgical bed where her pancreas was.

She is scheduled for round 9 of chemo tomorrow morning. We'll meet with the Dr before and discuss the results. It's going to be a really long night. 😢🙏💜

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Prayers up Whiskey. Stay as positive as you can. I know that's a lot easier said than done.

·
Registered
587 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

641 - 660 of 717 Posts