Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
621 - 640 of 648 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
30,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. I'm going to now promptly forget you said that and pretend that everything's fine and there's nothing to worry about. πŸ˜•

Reactions: DCinCT

Β·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Sorry to hear this Whiskey. Wish your last couple of weeks before chemo, would have passed without complication. Still praying for your wife and you.

Reactions: Whiskey

Β·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Dad had the leg kind last year and he's still fi..., well, norm..., um, he's "himself" anyways.

Β·
Super Moderator
30,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
Finally the infections are clear and she's healed, so she started adjuvant chemo today. Five more rounds of folfirinox and we'll hopefully be able to put these cancer treatments behind us and just start holding our breath every few months when she has a CT scan. We were really worried about how the chemo was going to hit her post-surgery, as the PA had told us that she would definitely need breaks this time. I asked her how she felt when I picked her up and she said she felt about like she did around round 3. She's had 7 rounds, so that's a serious improvement.

Hopefully she can power through these last five and we'll be done with this around Thanksgiving, almost exactly a year after this whole thing began.

Β·
Super Moderator
23,762 Posts
willl continue to pray for the both of you...

Β·
Registered
396 Posts
You two were in my thoughts while I was at work today, thanks for the up date.
Will continue the prayers on this end!!
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Finally the infections are clear and she's healed, so she started adjuvant chemo today. Five more rounds of folfirinox and we'll hopefully be able to put these cancer treatments behind us and just start holding our breath every few months when she has a CT scan. We were really worried about how the chemo was going to hit her post-surgery, as the PA had told us that she would definitely need breaks this time. I asked her how she felt when I picked her up and she said she felt about like she did around round 3. She's had 7 rounds, so that's a serious improvement.

Hopefully she can power through these last five and we'll be done with this around Thanksgiving, almost exactly a year after this whole thing began.
Thats great to hear on the infections. Good luck and Gods speed on this last round of chemo. You guys are in our prayers.

Β·
Super Moderator
30,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
I've got to say that I'm a bit nervous right now. To monitor the cancer, they watch something in her blood called CA19-9. If the level goes up it's an indication that the tumor may be growing or the cancer may be spreading. If it goes down, it's an indication that the treatment is working. Her number from yesterday was 44. A month ago it was 21, the last time it was this high was 21 December, 11 days after diagnosis and her first chemo infusion appointment. It was only 69 on 12 December, when she was first diagnosed.

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

This has got me really worried. There are other things that can drive the number up, but for it to shoot up like this suddenly has me really worried that she's having a recurrence or metastasis.

I could use any prayers you can spare right now.

Β·
Registered
396 Posts
Prayers continuing from here as well!!!
Please give each other a hug from Denise and I.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β·
Super Moderator
9,267 Posts
Absolutely adding my prayers, brother!

Β·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Prayers up as I type.

Β·
Registered
22,414 Posts
They've never stopped and won't until this is licked.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β·
Super Moderator
30,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
We got the results from Tanya's CT on Friday.

"noncalcified pulmonary nodules, consistent with metastatic disease."

They list 8, ranging in size from 1-8mm, mostly in her right lung, but one in the lower left lobe. Although they specifically mention 8 nodules, they say "innumerable" at one point, which makes me believe there are more than that.

We have reached out to the oncologist and asked that he call us to discuss this before her next appointment, which isn't until next Tuesday. I'm praying that there's some explanation other than metastasis, but deep down, I know that's what it is.

With a 10% 5 year survival rate on pancreatic cancer, and a 74% recurrence rate after resection, I've always known that we were fighting for time, not a cure, but I always held out hope that we could win 10-20 years. If this is what I'm reading, we may be fighting hard just to get to that 5 year mark.

Luckily I was sitting next to Tanya when the results came through in MyChart and started reading it as fast as she did. All I could do for about half an hour was hold her while she cried.

I want so much to tell her that it's going to be ok and we can beat it, but at this point, I don't think I can lie like that to her. We may have to face the reality of the situation now. I don't want to have these discussions with my wife. Her 50th birthday is next month. She's too young to be facing this already. I feel like I did when she was first diagnosed, trying to be business as usual in front of her while choking back tears. I have no idea how I'm going to get our family through this. 😒

Β·
Super Moderator
9,267 Posts
Awww, crap, brother.

What BearBait said. ^^^

<<<HUGS>>> and friendship and tears.

Β·
Registered
396 Posts
I am dumb struck and lost for words……
Hugs to both you.
Prayers will be continuing for all of you!!!
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Β·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I am so sorry Whiskey, I feel for you brother. If you ever want to talk PM me, and I'll be happy to give you my phone number. Anything I can do for you, let me know. Again, Prayers up as I type.

621 - 640 of 648 Posts