Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
601 - 620 of 656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 ·
Saw the oncologist today. They were ready to schedule her to restart chemo next week, but we discussed it and she is coming off of her antibiotic on 9/16, so we decided to wait one more week. We're going to discuss with the infectious disease doctor about ending the antibiotic two days early and starting chemo on 9/14.

Neither of us is looking forward to it, but we know it's got to be done. I guess we've got two weeks to enjoy a bit of life before they come in and make her feel like crap again. At least we're moving into the end game. Hopefully this will be over in a few months.

·
Registered
22,443 Posts
Things are headed in the right direction. Still praying for a speedy and full recovery.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Take her for that ride if you/she can do it. Enjoy the two weeks as much as possible. Then bare down one more round and beat this thing. Praying for you both.

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Went and saw the surgeon's PA this morning. She took out the drain tube and told us that we don't have to go to wound care anymore for the open incision. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy some peace until the 14th when they restart chemo.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That’s awesome!!!!!
Celebrate the small victories in preparation for the big victory!!!!!!
Still in my thoughts and prayers.
🙏🙏🙏

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Great to hear Whiskey. Still praying for you guys. Enjoy life.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
Gave her antibiotics first thing this morning and then promptly deaccessed her port for her. She actually got to take a real shower this morning for the first time since June 15th. No tape, no Saran Wrap, no worry about where the water was going.

It's great to finally see her with nothing but a single band-aid on her stomach. Too bad we have to start chemo again in about a week. Whatever. We'll enjoy the break for a while.

·
Registered
22,443 Posts
It's a step in the right direction and we'll take all we can get.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
she must feel normal again...give her a big hug from all of us.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Happily. Especially now that I can finally give her a hug without having to work around any tubes. 💜
Glad to hear it Whiskey. Enjoy your week all you can. Hey, can you guys do your short ride. Or would that be pushing it ?

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Glad to hear it Whiskey. Enjoy your week all you can. Hey, can you guys do your short ride. Or would that be pushing it ?
We did. We rode up to Emerson and got sushi on Saturday. It was beautiful weather and she handled the ride pretty well. She didn't enjoy it so much when I started weaving around the dash lines on the road, but other than that, it went well. Thanks for asking.

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
I knew it was too good to be true. She woke up this morning and complained that her left shoulder was hurting, right at the collar bone. She got in the shower to get ready to go to the doctor and when she came out, she called me in the bathroom and showed me a swollen area at the base of her neck. I looked at it and thought it looked like a vein, but didn't say it to her. I told her that we were seeing the doctor in about an hour and he could evaluate her.

We got to the doctor and showed it to him. He gave her a quick examination and told her that she had a thrombosis. He sent us over to the vascular doctors office for an ultrasound where they confirmed that she has a blood clot in her jugular vein. They aren't sure where it came from, said it may have been in there since surgery in June. She's now on Eliquis for the next 3 months.

Oh well, at least there's not hospital stay involved in this one. We're planning to resume chemo next Wednesday. Hopefully it'll stay quiet until then.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
poor thing can't win...sounds like where it is really is in a dangerous location...hope the Eliquis helps.

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
poor thing can't win...sounds like where it is really is in a dangerous location...hope the Eliquis helps.
I thought it sounded like a dangerous place too, but apparently it isn't a big deal being in the jugular vein. The doctor said that the ones they worry about are the ones in the legs, because they can break lose and go to the lungs or heart, but the ones in the jugular vein don't do that. I have no idea, I just play a medical professional at home, I'll go with his assessment. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
The legs tend to get bounced around a bit more than the neck so they get dislodged from them more often, but any of them can get to the lungs. The eliquis should break it up and have it gone in short order.

601 - 620 of 656 Posts