Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
581 - 600 of 656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
I'm sure she'll suffer thru it but all for a good cause.

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
I told her the monkey declared another "Sundaes for Tanya" effort. Her response was, "He is so sweet."

I wouldn't put too much stock in her judgement of character though. She did marry me.

·
Registered
22,443 Posts
We know that, that's what dropped her average to 50 °/. 😉

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
ok...so tonite was "In honor of Tanya Sundae Nite"...

after a quick visit to the local stop & shop to pick up some goodies, it was time to prepare the blessing...

start w/a banana...had more than enough of them already...

and then a couple scoops of Nantucket Nutty Cone Sundae ice cream...

ever hear of it...me neither..

ok...now some whip cream...had to find something low sugar...

moving on and needless to say because of the hot weather, better hurry...starting to melt already...grab the chocolate syrup...

getting there...wheres the sprinkles...there they are...

pretty soon going to be an ice cream stew so top it off with 3 cherries...

and the finished product...

not bad considering who made it...but before diving in, say a prayer for Tanya and then slowly stuff my pathetic mug.

Hope her day was a good one. Give her our best.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
yeah why...what do you do w/ yours...nevermind...think thats asking a question that no one here needs to know the answer to...another one of those lets try to keep this thread out of the gutter...but feel free to start a new thread ...could be an interesting topic.

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Someone takes their banana splits seriously. Tanya's mom is headed home tonight and the boys are staying over at a friends house. Maybe we'll get some whipped cream and make a banana split while we're home alone.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
TMI and good news all at the same time! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
Saw the infectious disease doctor this morning. She said that Tanya's liver abscess looks good. She wants us to continue the IV antibiotics for another two weeks, but she feels like it's really overkill and is just doing it to make sure we kill the infection completely.

I was hoping she'd take the drain out today, but she said that the radiologist would do that. We don't have an appointment with a radiologist. We do have an appointment with the surgeon on Thursday though, so hopefully they'll take it out then. Poor girl hasn't really gotten any sleep since she got home from the hospital because of the drain and plastic bag attached to her. Want to know how I know? Because I'm getting woken up every time she tries to turn over and has to rearrange everything to get comfortable again. 🥱

The infectious disease doctor said that she was fine with Tanya starting chemo as soon as the oncologist is ready for her to, so I suspect we may be starting next week. We'll find out when we meet with the oncologist tomorrow afternoon.

While we were there, Tanya asked about the spots on her liver that were on the other side from where the drain was. The infectious disease doctor said that she didn't think they were infection, but possibly something else. She started naming off stuff and then trailed off when she hit the word metastasis. Yeah, doc, I caught it. I don't think Tanya did, thank God. It better not be that. I've asked the surgical oncologist and the chemo oncologist both if they saw ANYTHING in her CT scans that made them think there might be any recurrence or metastasis, and they both have said no.

It's going to be a busy week around this house.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Saw the infectious disease doctor this morning. She said that Tanya's liver abscess looks good. She wants us to continue the IV antibiotics for another two weeks, but she feels like it's really overkill and is just doing it to make sure we kill the infection completely.

I was hoping she'd take the drain out today, but she said that the radiologist would do that. We don't have an appointment with a radiologist. We do have an appointment with the surgeon on Thursday though, so hopefully they'll take it out then. Poor girl hasn't really gotten any sleep since she got home from the hospital because of the drain and plastic bag attached to her. Want to know how I know? Because I'm getting woken up every time she tries to turn over and has to rearrange everything to get comfortable again. 🥱

The infectious disease doctor said that she was fine with Tanya starting chemo as soon as the oncologist is ready for her to, so I suspect we may be starting next week. We'll find out when we meet with the oncologist tomorrow afternoon.

While we were there, Tanya asked about the spots on her liver that were on the other side from where the drain was. The infectious disease doctor said that she didn't think they were infection, but possibly something else. She started naming off stuff and then trailed off when she hit the word metastasis. Yeah, doc, I caught it. I don't think Tanya did, thank God. It better not be that. I've asked the surgical oncologist and the chemo oncologist both if they saw ANYTHING in her CT scans that made them think there might be any recurrence or metastasis, and they both have said no.

It's going to be a busy week around this house.
Hang in there buddy. I think the doctor was just running the usual list of things he/she keeps in their head all the time. If they suspected it had metastasized they would have already jumped on it. Don't lose sleep over it. They say stupid shit like that. Then have to walk it back. Praying for Tanya and you both. She has a beautiful smile by the way. :)

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 ·
Hang in there buddy. I think the doctor was just running the usual list of things he/she keeps in their head all the time. If they suspected it had metastasized they would have already jumped on it. Don't lose sleep over it. They say stupid shit like that. Then have to walk it back. Praying for Tanya and you both. She has a beautiful smile by the way. :)
Oh, I know. She's an infectious disease doctor. She knows viruses and bacteria, but doesn't know anything about cancer. I'm not worried about what she said because I had already looked up the terms used in the CT report and saw that some of the spots could possibly indicate metastasis. That's why I have already asked both the oncologist and surgeon if they had seen anything that concerned them. The problem is that, if my wife had caught what she said, it could have put that thought into her head, and I don't need her worried about that unnecessarily. I think she realized what she was saying as she said it, which is why she trailed off on the word and my wife didn't catch it. I'm not mad at the doctor right now, I know she was just talking and not thinking about what she was saying, but if we had been sitting at a table, I guarantee that her shin would still have a size 12 bruise on it.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
hope all goes well on thursday...will say an e xtra prayer or two hoping it goes well...

581 - 600 of 656 Posts