Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

401 - 420 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You'll make it through the same way you got this far. With dignity and class. And the strength of your love for one another. We're still here, brother. We're still pulling for you both. Take care of each other.

·
Super Moderator
62,172 Posts
Sorry about the dilemma with Tanya's father but you need to be strong and stay the course to keep her healthy

·
Sooper Dee Dooper Moderator
5,417 Posts
Damn, this is a horrible spot to be in Whiskey. More prayers coming your way. You are correct, as is Beeze and Lihpster. You have to stay the course, keep her safe and healthy and don't jeopardize the schedule. I don't know how to explain that to her though. I hope that she realizes and understands it though, and takes a measure of comfort knowing that her brother is with her dad. Sorry to hear this news. I pray that she feels the comfort of His arms, all of our prayers and well wishes and she and you get through this tough time. Prayers for her father and her surgery.🙏

·
Registered
21,908 Posts
Sorry to see this happen. Still praying for the entire family

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
sorry to read this...like others are saying, right now you both have to do what neeeds to be done to help her get thru her situation, her mom will understand and wouldn;t want anything to happen to Tanya either in trying to do something that at this point won't change her fathers condition, to be there to comfort her mom is admireable and I'm sure her mom appreciates the thought, but she's also her mom and right now her concern I'm sure is for Tanya not to do anything that could worsen or jepordize her own condition.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Her father passed away about an hour ago. She got called and told just as she left the house to run to Walmart. I'm still waiting for her to get home, but I can tell she's devastated. I'm a guy who has spent his life fixing things and I can't fix this for her. My heart is broken.

·
Registered
20,267 Posts
Oh, damn. I am so sorry for you and your wife. You two have been through so much already. I wish you find strength and peace.

·
Super Moderator
9,169 Posts
Her father passed away about an hour ago. She got called and told just as she left the house to run to Walmart. I'm still waiting for her to get home, but I can tell she's devastated. I'm a guy who has spent his life fixing things and I can't fix this for her. My heart is broken.
Aw, hell.

Just a big BUNCH of <<HUGS>> for all of you. Sharing your sorrow.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Damn. Just damn. That sucks. But that pressure you feel? It's not the weight of the world pressing down on you. It's everybody here hugging you at the same time. My condolences.

·
5,417 Posts
Dang Whiskey. So sorry to hear this. He must have been needed in Heaven for something special. So sorry for your loss. You and Tanya have my condolences and I pray that the happy memories she has of her father will carry her thru and ease her pain. You two have been thru so much, and I pray that He'll continue to provide you strength when you need it most and that He'll carry you thru this valley.🙏

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
We got all of the pre-op stuff done this morning. Blood work, Covid test, all of that great stuff. We spent quite a while with the nurse navigator and she walked is through a lot of the process. I'm some ways, I almost feel like she gave us too much information. She went a bit further into the detail of what they'll be doing in the OR than I would have preferred, but at least she gave us the info I think we'll need.

I already know that I won't be sleeping on Wednesday night since she has to be there at 5:15am and needs to do a hibicleanse wash before going, and I likely won't sleep until she comes out of ICU. Now I'm thinking I may not sleep tonight or tomorrow night either. It's going to be a rough week. I'm a wreck inside and doing the best I can to hide it on the outside.

·
Super Moderator
22,930 Posts
just remember she won't be alone in the operating room...HE will watch over her and make sure everything comes out fine...put your trust in HIM... aside from that...the rest of us will pray for the both of you.

·
5,417 Posts
Prayers going up Whiskey!!
You need to talk or anything through those long nights, I'm up most nights...praying this all goes well and you and Tanya can celebrate a victory over this nasty disease and then get some much needed R&R.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Surgery Thursday...

Banana split today.

Reactions: DCinCT
401 - 420 of 455 Posts