Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I took my wife somewhere she has never been before for her 57th birthday, the kitchen. I think, I might be able to see straight before bike riding season starts.

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
wish her a belated b'day from us here.

·
Super Moderator
9,101 Posts
G'morning, Whiskey. Thinking of you and Tanya today. 💕

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Thanks for thinking of us. She's doing pretty well this time. She couldn't bring herself to do the ice therapy on her throat, so she's suffering there. Anything colder than about 70° and her throat seizes up painfully. It was really hard for me not to tell her she had to do it, and not to give her an "I told you so" now, but it was her choice, so I'm just here to support it. Beyond that, she's been really exhausted this time, and sleeping a lot. A few minor muscle spasms, but nothing too much to handle.

The next infusion is her last. I can't wait to see her ring the bell. I've actually ordered her a white gold heart pendant with a purple sapphire in the center to commemorate her completing the chemo. Hopefully she likes it.

Again, thanks for all of the prayers and support. You guys have no idea how much it had meant to us through this.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I know it's hard to believe but sometimes we just don't know what comforting words to say.
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Continued prayers Whiskey. So glad the end of the road is near and may you have happy trails and blue skies ahead. And white sandy beaches, grass skirts and plenty of leis. Including fru fru drinks with little umbrellas.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Yeah, hopefully this will be the end of the chemo.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yeah, it sucks. My brother used to imagine it as microscopic King Leonidases going up to the cancer cells and booting them in the chest while shouting, "THIS IS SPAAARRRTTAAAA!!!!". Said it made the pain, sickness and brain fog a little better. Of course, he wasn't what you would call "normal" BEFORE the chemo, so YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
That's the biggest problem, we don't know. Their going to do a CT scan to determine if the chemo helped or not. If the tumor shrunk enough, and in the right place, they'll go in and surgically remove it. If not, possibility radiation, possibility more chemo.

Even if they do remove it through surgery, I have a feeling they're going to want her to do a bit more chemo, just to make sure there's none floating around.

We're just focusing on this first set of 6 treatments. It's really all we can do.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts